Good Youtube channels

Chris

Once I have the press build for the game ready, I'll be looking to show it off to all kinds of journalists (and have an extensive list of people to send it to). However, I also want to tap the Youtube market. I was wondering what Youtube channels you guys watched that you thought might be a good fit for us to send a preview copy to so they can do a Let's Play for it?

I know the two biggest players already, TotalBiscuit and the Yogscast. But then there's a whole host of smaller guys who might be worth talking to as well. Khombat mentioned the following channels:

- paulsoaresjr (he's already been in touch but I'll need to remind him that we exist when the press build comes out)

- jefmajor

- VerbalProcessing

Any other recommendations? I figure anything upwards of 10,000 subscribers is fair game if they regularly cover gaming news.

Angry Joe - 90,757 subs, really well known (up there with TB), basically a game news channel.

Press Heart To Continue - 170,145 subs, the famous "Dodger", gaming news usually in the format of quick successive mentions, pretty hyperactive style. From what I see she almost never (if at all) actually shows the games, it's more of a major headlines routine. Nevertheless, she's really cute and a lot of people watch the channel.

Paulsoaresjr - 234,580 subs, does let's plays of games like Minecraft, Civ V, Towns etc, might be up his alley.

Jefmajor is my favorite :P but a couple of other fairly popular let's players that I tend to frequently watch are PlumpHelmetPunk and Kikoskia, though I'm not sure if they're open to suggestions or not.

(edit: just realized they were already suggested, but hey, I'll suggest them again for no particular reason besides the fact that it somehow seems like less effort to edit my post than to delete it)

Edited by ZeElfenWaffe

• 2 weeks later...

While what i might suggest is is not a youtube channel, but i think you might want to consider contacting the spoony one. He is a big fan of XCOM, and it was he who started the whole BETRAYAL! meme some of you might have heard of. He may not be a youtuber, but he has a lot of fans. You could always drop him a PM, couldn't hurt, right?.

the only channel I watch regularly that hasn't been suggested already would be EditZP, 50k Subs.

But it's like 99.9% Minecraft with very little other games (Deus Ex: HR poped up for a short period there). His audience probably overlaps a lot with the Yogscast's.

Btw, your appearance on TB's channel was my reason for preordering :D

edit: completely forgot about the minx! Her new channel is TheRPGMinx, her old channel was my favorite place for horror game LPs. But I'm afraid Xenonauts isn't her kind of game.

Edited by pack.wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Once we get a build I feel is fairly well fully functional I plan to do a live broadcast of it on twitch though I'm far from regular at it and don't have many followers but you might also want to consider some of the big draws on twitch for a playthrough session live. Maybe Day9 or ManvsGame for instance but there are a lot of possibilities in the live streaming area also.

I know Day9 and MAN also love having people on via skype for interviews and such when checking out new games so that's something to think on as well right? :)