Removing Stun Gas Grenades?

My suggestion: reduce strength of gas by 20-25% and reduce its area of effect by 1 (to 3 tiles from center). To help with AI tell it to run away from smoke.
They should already try to run away from gas. That's been in the programming for a long time. As far as reducing the effects I don't agree UNLESS the gas is made to linger longer before dispersing. We had the nerfed the grenades for a while and they were completely ineffective. You couldn't carry enough to knock out anything and people stopped using them.

I like them just the way they are. I use them a lot early in the game to get my live aliens and help offset the disadvantage of no armor and new recruits. By mid game I only carry a few for special situations, and past that I rarely carry them.

I don't think they give a superior advantage in battle at all. I feel like they're the first item I get that starts to put me closer to equal footing with the aliens.

They are also great for saving civilians if you don't have a clear shot on the alien. Or you take down both the alien and the civilian.

That's a great idea. Never thought of deliberately using them on a civilian. I still wish there was a monetary reward for risking your neck to save civvies...

Wait are they currently feaseble?

The last time i used them they were completely useless and could only stun an enemy if he bathed in the gas for like a year.

Since then i never bothered with them and just used the stun rods instead.

And they work pretty well against most enemies

Are they better now. Regardless however i would not remove them. Nerf them, if you must, but removing tactical options from the game is never a good idea. Besides since the Reaper AI got improved i cannot think of another way of Stunning these things, without a stun rocket or grenade.

Wait are they currently feaseble?

Just completed a carrier mission. Final room had 7 ceasans in it. Kept bombing them with stun grenades until they all passed out :)

Edit: That was a leader, 2 officers, and 4 blueshirts

Edited by dpelectric