MAG weapons?

Definitely seems strange to me - would be good to hear if anyone has managed to resaerch MAG weapons on V21 stable. I'm running out of things to research, and I'm researching the singularity cannon, but still no MAG weapons.

Just checked my Xenopedia - it has the alien battle rifle, which I seem to recall led to MAG weapons in V20 stable. Think I resarched alien battle rifle earlier, but it's certainly not available research now.

Edited by dmholt

It already has a trigger.

Currently you need the heavy plasma, plasma cannon, plasma sniper, and assault plasma.

I would just remove the assault plasma requirement entry if that is the problem.

What I meant is that if you have already researched the other items I don't know if that would instantly unlock the mag weapons when you load up a game after removing the last entry or if it would not check for unlock until some research was done.

If that was the case you could replace the requirement with something else, depends what you still have to research.

Maybe linking it to the recovery of a common ground item as well as the previous research would work?

Simply removing the AssaultPlasma requirement didn't work, the research does not show up.

What did work: change the item required for the AssaultPlasma to another item (plasma cannon) and doing a combat mission where one dropped, now the research is available.

Here is a save, there are AssaultPlasmas lying around the GC, however the research will not trigger.

[ATTACH]3105[/ATTACH]

bug.sav

bug.sav

Might have found the issue - it looks like the alien assault plasma weapon doesn't have an entry in the Items game file, so I guess it can't exist at the moment outside of ground combat.

EDIT: I've reported this in the bugs forum.

Edited by kabill

Position doesn't matter too much but it would be best to put it with the other alien weapons.

As I suggested above just copying the entry for the alien plasma rifle and changing the name should work fine.

It will give it the same sell price as the rifle but that doesn't seem too far off.

I am sure Chris will put it in the next hotfix anyway so any change you make would be temporary but allow you to progress if you get that far in the meantime.

Position doesn't matter too much but it would be best to put it with the other alien weapons.

As I suggested above just copying the entry for the alien plasma rifle and changing the name should work fine.

It will give it the same sell price as the rifle but that doesn't seem too far off.

I am sure Chris will put it in the next hotfix anyway so any change you make would be temporary but allow you to progress if you get that far in the meantime.

thanks

I thought the detail was enough already but I will go over it.

Open items.xml in notepad.

Search for AlienPlasmaRifle.

Cope the whole section from in front of <Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0"> to the end of the line after </Row>.

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">6000</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">Capped</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">items/assaultrifle</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Go to the end of the line after </Row> and press enter.

Paste in the copied section from earlier on the new line and make sure that <Row for the next section is on a new line to match the formatting of the rest of the file.

Change the weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle to weapon.AlienAssaultPlasma on the newly pasted section.

The section should look like this, I have highlighted the new section in bold just for this example.

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienAssaultPlasma</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienBattleRifle</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">10000</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Save and close items.xml.

That should work unless I have missed something.

Try it and let me know.