Mod Request

TheD3rp

So, you know the T-80 that appears every few missions?

t80j.jpg

I would very much like to see someone mod it into the game, as I suck at modding.

Proposed Stats:

Roughly 5x the amount of armor the Wolf has

Takes up the entirety of the Chinook(A Chinook can't actually carry a tank as heavy as the T-80 IRL, and I'm not going to ask someone to make an Mi-26)

125mm gun, can be upgraded to Laser, Plasma etc.

Machine gun, can also be upgraded

And that is all.

t80j.jpg

t80j.jpg.3253ca99d13f97a3a714a54aed10080

The T-80 was originally planned as a Xenonaut controlled unit but it just doesn't work.

Turrets cannot turn individually of the rest of the vehicle and the game engine cannot handle units that are not square.

The T-80 looked to be about 3x5 if I remember rightly but the game would have to show it as 5x5 which makes it almost impossible to get around the maps.

As I said above the game engine cannot handle objects that are not square.

Maps would need to be made to handle a 5x5 tile vehicle or however big the image is, might even be 6x6.

In the open that isn't a problem but there are places where it looks like the tank should be able to drive through but because of the blank tiles down each side that are reserved for if the tank turns then it will not fit.

It is an annoyance.

You could make the box as small as possible but then you can walk through parts of the tank.

Most UFOs and Xenonaut craft are not wide enough to fit the tank in either if you make the footprint big enough to hold the entire tank.