Your Luckiest Shot

So, in honour of the many aliens who are absolutely horrible at shooting at point blank range and also in honour of my scout who just made an impossible shot, tell me your stories of your most unlikely shots that still hit their targets.

I'll start with the following:

LuckyShot.jpg

In the above image, the dead sebillian got shot by the currently selected Xenonaut. What makes it a particularly impressive shot is that she only had 10 TU, so she couldn't turn in order to make a snap shot at the sebillian itself. Instead, I figured I'd just make a random snap shot and see what would happen. The square I've selected in the image is where I aimed the shot.

She missed, the shot veered towards the sebillian and hit it dead on, killing it.

So, despite not having the TU to do it, despite the 5% hit chance and enormous block chances, she still managed to land an almost impossible shot.

LuckyShot.jpg

LuckyShot.thumb.jpg.3ac558d5581a1ba1364b

Crashsite in industrial region.

My rocketeer is taken by surprise and suppressed by a Sebillian which retreats into a large factory building, closing door behind him.

My Rocketeer shoots its standard frag rocket onto the door, just to send him a going away present.

The rocket missed the door but passes through a tiny window next to it exploding inside. No explosion visible but a scream. Ex-Sebillian, because no corpse found later.

Sorry no picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much my lucky shot but definitely a moment of "Oh thank God!". Sebillian rounds corner in front of one of my snipers. Literally 1-2 tiles away and manages to MISS EVERY SHOT. Sniper ran away and my heavy mowed it down but that was a "Oh Sh****t. Wait, Oh GOD YES" moment.