[V21 stable candidate] Recruitable soldiers have "clones"

When I recruit multiple soldiers at the same time, their replacements on the available recruits list sometimes seem to get assigned the same stats. I.e, I hire three soldiers, sort the list of available recruits by TUs, and noticed I now have three recruits available with exactly the same stats; 61TU, 35STR, 52ACC, 34RFL and 40BRV. I tried to fix this by hiring all of them so I could dismiss them and "clean up the list", but this just replaced them with another three with different (although identical) stats.

It seems as though when new soldiers are added to the list, whatever function randomly generates new solider stats is only run once, regardless of how many are actually being added to the list.

Has nobody else noticed this? I'm getting it quite a lot now and its kind of bothering me. I can't really pin down what causes it, but it doesn't seem to always be related to hiring multiple soldiers at once as I'd originally thought. But I can guarantee that every time I look at the available soldiers screen in my current game, I will see at least one soldier who has a twin, or triplets with exactly the same stats.

I have about 40 soldiers, 20-30 at one base and 12 at another. Its not their names that are repeating, but their stats. With possible stat values between 35 and 65 it seems unlikely that I'd even get two soldiers with the exact same stats by chance, but I'm regularly getting 3 or 4 with every stat the same.

I just loaded up the game and hired 210 soldiers in groups of three to four and checked the list between each hire.

I have had no duplicates at all.

Maybe this issue only shows up much later in the game?

@OP what sort of tech level or enemy ship level were you at when you notice this and does it happen if you start a new game?