Sub-Map Editor

irongamer

I have a question about door tiles in the sub-map editor. I'll be placing walls around for my building. When I get around to the back of the building and I go to place another door (or add a door later) the door tile aligns halfway on the grid.

I have created a new sub-map, set the layer to 1, placed a wall, and then place a door. Sometimes the door aligns to the tile grid and other times it aligns halfway into the wall

If I realign the door using using pivot and save, the pivot changes are not saved. The file always opens with all my doors aligned 1/2 on the grid. Same as when I load up a map with the building, all the doors are 1/2 off the grid.

Do I have to save out each door as unique Spectre if I mess around with the pivot? I must be missing something here.

The tiles that are sliding off grid are:

tiles/industrial/Office/OfficeDoorClosedNW

tiles/industrial/Office/OfficeDoorClosedSE

Changing the pivot and then pressing "Save Sub-Map" doesn't save those pivot changes. Also, if the doors happen to align without adjusting pivot and I save the map they are not aligned when I reopen the map or load it in a level.

Another thing I noticed about the office doors compared to "tiles/Industrial/Factory/SideDoorClosedSE" is that the placement on the gird is different. The industrial SE door appears to set itself to the NW side of the grid square, this behavior matches how all the walls are placed. However, when placing the two office doors they place on the SE side of the grid square (which is different from how all the walls place). Not really sure which way is correct or if it even matters.

Edited by irongamer

Ok, after changing the pivot and saving the Spectre and then saving the sub map the doors hold the correct position. I have two different sub map using the same doors and it also adjusted and fixed it on those.

I guess my main question is now is why the doors sometimes align when they really are not really aligned. You don't notice this until you reopen the map in the sub-map editor though.

The pivot and all of the other information doesn't save in the submap, it is saved in the spectre.

If you alter the spectre and save it then it will stay altered for any other instances of that item.

Changing the spectre then saving the submap WITHOUT saving the spectre will make the doors appear back in their original position the next time you open that map.

I suspect from your description that you hadn't saved the spectre (or it wasn't saving the information) before saving the submap and exiting.

Could be wrong of course, there are still a few odd little bugs hiding out here and there ;)

You are correct Gauddlike. I finally used that other save button. After loading up one of the already built sub-maps I also noticed that their door pivot values were basically opposite of mine. Not sure why the editor loaded those doors so far off. Finally got it working though.

There are a few of the tiles with spectres that are not aligned correctly.

They have probably been designed but not yet used (at least in the released versions).

There is a thread to post your altered or new spectres in the modding section.

Have a read and see if yours can be uploaded to save others the hassle of having to alter theirs, or if there are any you can use that have already been changed.

• 1 year later...

I have a quesetion:

Is it possible to make aliens spawn inside a building? Same goes of course for civilians.

I think everyone knows that situation where one of the aliens in xcom would be inside the farm house and snipe from the window or the roof top. I'd like to recreate something like that.