V21 Stable Released!

Another day another update :) It is great to see the game getting closer to the finish line.

One question: Is base storage capacity going to be implemented or am I just missing the indicator how much space is left? I never build a new storage room, but also do not run out of space. In the old game you had to build these to have space for the tanks, weapon and ammo but since the first is stored in garage here and the later is infinite I wonder if there is a point to have storage at all

Edited by zolobolo

Another day another update :) It is great to see the game getting closer to the finish line.

One question: Is base storage capacity going to be implemented or am I just missing the indicator how much space is left? I never build a new storage room, but also do not run out of space. In the old game you had to build these to have space for the tanks, weapon and ammo but since the first is stored in garage here and the later is infinite I wonder if there is a point to have storage at all

Storage capacity has always been planned to be unrestricted.

The way most items are implemented in game there is not much need for storage as used in the original.

Because you can only send weapons and equipment to another base if that base has storerooms.

I see. Never tried that since I have only one base for mission squads: @Xhaleon, tried it at gives a message that I do not have Storeroom :) Maybe some description would be good to have for the building to state this and let the player know that it doesn't make sense to build more then one

Maybe shot down fighters also do not give any resources when there is no storeroom in the base...

Hi all, very exciting news. Getting close to a release now. I've held off playing until recently so as not to ruin the suprise. Now that I have dabbled I can quite honestly say the game has surpassed my expectations in every way. I'm 37 and played the original Rebelstar/Laser Squad/X-com to death on Amstrad CPC, Atari ST and on an old PC and to know that this respectful version of a great game CAN be made in this day and age gladdens my heart.

Does anyone have any idea when the mac version will be update to V21 stable on Humblestore?

Congratulations guys. The game now looks very polished and this build definitely seems like a big milestone. The smaller light scout maps and faster AI turns in particular drastically improve the pacing of the early game. The month 1 crash sites feel much less of a chore now. The game as a whole feels very complete, and the balance is pretty tight now.

Is it normal for your own guys to get suppressed by machine gun fire? I had an assault troop a good two tiles away from the UFO entrance and he was surpressed when my HMG troop shot into the UFO.

While I'm sure it's already noted, some of the descriptions for the research items are written in the first person and seems a bit off to me with some somewhat humorous tones that don't jive with the seriousness of the game.

I have a few issues

1st there is still a bug when it looks like it hit it misses (only now there won't aspire a miss text).

2nd PSI enemy's. So you can't have PSI guys thats ok but now it's like you took the bad part about PSI (Aliens can PSI you without line of sight) and left the good part out of it (your guys useing PSI).

3rd I know I am prity late with these 2 but base defense make them come only trough the hanger in waves. Now they are coming from all directions.

I really like the tank now :P if any alien gets in it's sight *BOOM* alien=jelly :P.

Ah, sorry, I made an incorrect inference from Doomsdayman. I guess he's talking about removing that aspect of X-Com from Xenonauts. I haven't played far into Xenonauts since I don't want to get attached to a game only to have it's save invalidated.

Expect the ports / Desura / Humble Store files to arrive in about a week or so.

ccrunner - post up a bug report with the file and a bit of description, I imagine it'll be useful for us.

I am so confused. I got on my computer and was all ready to upload the save file. I wanted to double check to make sure I was still getting the CTD (even though it happened 3 times in a row last night) and now the game got past the point where it was crashing and seems to be working fine.... I can still upload the save if you want though.

I have never seen a bug fix itself before. Did you do a hotfix or silent patch at some point?

EDIT:

Never mind it crashed after about a minute. I submitted a bug report with the save

Best

Edited by ccrunner1756