V21 Stable Released!

I only have one problem. Is it just me or the actual % of TU's used to shoot is not displayed anywhere? I browsed through xenopoedia, soldiers equip screen and inv but cant find it anywhere.

I think its almost essential to add this stat to the weapon description...

Tooltips should reflect the proper cost for firing the weapon, although they are currently out of date due to the amount of changes made to those values.

They will be brought up to date once the pace of balance changes has slowed down.

On the ground if you want to know how much a shot costs look at the TU reserve slider.

That is the actual TU cost not the percentage though.

This only a minor point, but the Hyperion Hovertank picture looks like it has a main weapon and a two rocket launchers.

Would be more consistent to either alter the Rail gun to be non explosive weapons and let the player also equip the tank with a rocket launcher, or change the picture (most likely both not really possible at this late stage)..

It seems that I ran in a few more bugs/glitches.

First, there seems to be a glitch with the Buzzard Armor : I'm not exactly sure when, but it seems that if a soldier halts and spots an enemy in mid-flight, the soldier sprite becomes invisible for the rest of the mission.

Second, and slightly more game-breaking, if I save while one of my soldier is mind-controlled during a Battleship capture mission (oh do I hate mind control), and if I load this game, the game will crash at the end of the loading time.

I was wondering if there was a bug tracker where I could fill up these small points, and should I deliver some kind of changelog or save file?

Edit: nevermind, I found the bugtracker.

Do you think it would be possible to allow us to select whether the aliens can use the top tier psi attacks? Such as being able to toggle mind control, induced rage/panic, and dread? I personally do not mind the dread, panic, or even the rage mechanic but I absolutely hate the mind control, especially for the alien base missions. I know this can be seen as a way of making the game easier but when you have unlocked weapons like the singularity canon that can practically one shot anything, then the game becomes incredibly difficult. Also, I am not sure if anyone else has had the same problem but I have been unable to unlock any of the MAG weapons in the recent updates. If anyone else has had the same problems or knows a way to fix it then I would be very appreciative.

Also, I am not sure if anyone else has had the same problem but I have been unable to unlock any of the MAG weapons in the recent updates. If anyone else has had the same problems or knows a way to fix it then I would be very appreciative.

There's a MAG weapons thread under "General Xenonauts Discussion"

Do you think it would be possible to allow us to select whether the aliens can use the top tier psi attacks? Such as being able to toggle mind control, induced rage/panic, and dread? I personally do not mind the dread, panic, or even the rage mechanic but I absolutely hate the mind control, especially for the alien base missions. I know this can be seen as a way of making the game easier but when you have unlocked weapons like the singularity canon that can practically one shot anything, then the game becomes incredibly difficult.

Edit aiprops.xml and delete the entries for the powers you don't want.

You can add a different power to replace it if you want.

Look for the proper species rank, for example the ceasan leader:

<Rank type="Leader">

<Props APs="60" Resilience="200" Strength="60" Accuracy="70" Reflexes="70" Bravery="100" PsionicPower="150" PsionicAttacks="Fear, Bezerk, MindControl" />

Then just alter the PsionicAttacks section.

• 2 weeks later...
@l35a - well, if we were going to release it today the game still would be exactly like it is today - the game you can play right now :)

We wouldn't have got any extra work done in the intervening time...well, maybe a little more due to the looming deadline, but not much more. It's just we've decided to continue development work for another couple of months before releasing the game, which can only be a good thing.

And this is why you are called GoldHawk and not EA.. oopps did I just say that?:cool: