V21 Stable Candidate Hotfix 1 Released!

Gone how?

Wasn't it just a batch file that ran the game with a switch?

Just tested it and it still works.

Just create a new shortcut to the Xenonauts exe and change the target line to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\Xenonauts.exe" -quickbattle

Remove the space in .exe if you copy and paste that line, as stinky points out it shouldn't be there and is just due to the forum auto formatting it.

Change as appropriate for your install location of course.

Edited by Gauddlike

Oh, thank you. I saw that the file had gone and started screaming and flailing my arms. My heart beat's still at a million per second, but I'm calming down now.

P.S. Why do the forums put in spaces in written-down links sometimes? It's done that to me before as well.

I get that for urls proper, but if it's text and not a link (see Gaud's post helping me out) it seems a bit pointless...? It's one thing to accidently click on a link, and another to accidently copy and paste text somewhere. Anyway, thanks for the help. Now for my daily struggle with putting my trousers on the right way 'round, and making sure my socks match.

How about renaming the difficulties - very easy, easy, normal, veteran. It's the first game where on normal AI gets some negatives.

Could you explain "It's the first game where on normal AI gets some negatives." a bit? Do you mean the AI is too hard on normal?

I think he means Veteran is the "normal" 'cos AI accuracy is set to 1 whereas normal is only .75. Btw, G-J I love what you have done with the AI! It's really, really good. Keep up the phenomenal job! :) Are you able to pull off AI using higher grounds? (I know the engine is a tough nut to crack...)

Edited by Skitso

There are triple-A titles that never made that far in quality, not to mention other aspects, half a year after the release. Go ahead, current state of the game is definitely production-ready IMHO. Boost to AI aggressiveness from the latest hotfix was much appreciated; I got blasted by Androns, which made me very happy.

I get that for urls proper' date=' but if it's text and not a link (see Gaud's post helping me out) it seems a bit pointless...? It's one thing to accidently click on a link, and another to accidently copy and paste text somewhere. Anyway, thanks for the help. Now for my daily struggle with putting my trousers on the right way 'round, and making sure my socks match.[/quote']

I think I see your problem there as well.

Your socks have L and R written on them, they aren't supposed to match ;)

I think he means Veteran is the "normal" 'cos AI accuracy is set to 1 whereas normal is only .75. Btw, G-J I love what you have done with the AI! It's really, really good. Keep up the phenomenal job! :) Are you able to pull off AI using higher grounds? (I know the engine is a tough nut to crack...)

Thanks, I'm probably going to spend next week on finding a solution to the matter.

1. Crash when click on Soldiers Equipment icon аfter about an hour of game.

2. Crash when try load geoscape save from main menu, on global map several UFO, in the air a few interceptors. (I tried to make the load several times, but game crash.)

3. Hang on tactical map when soldier in predator armor shutting from scatter laser on reflexes on alien turn. Heard endless shooting from scatter laser and it never ends.

Edited by Hellraiser