[V21 Stable Candidate] - Bug/Exploit: Copying items

After a mission I was able to copy the only laser rifle I had created. The guy with the laser rifle had fired its weapon so the ammo battery was not 100% after the battle.

Steps to repeat:

1) Load save game

2) Run until the dropship returns home

3) Go to Soldier Equipment

4) Select the Laser tab to the right

5) Select "03 Ryan Quinn" (the guy with the laser rifle).

6) Right click on his laser rifle to unequip it

7) Right click on the laser rifle in the left list. Notice how the number of laser rifles remains on 1

8) Repeat step 6 and 7. Every iteration will increase the number of laser rifles by one.

To get back to normal repeat these steps:

A) Go to Geoscape

B) Go to Soldier Equipment

C) Select the Laser tab to the right

D) Select "03 Ryan Quinn" (the guy with the laser rifle).

E) Right click on his laser rifle to unequip it

F) Right click on the laser rifle in the left list. Notice that the number of laser rifles is now reduced by 1

G) Repeat step E and F. The number of laser rifles now remains constant.

Conclusion:

It seems that something is going on when returning from a mission. It also seems like the game repairs this odd behavior if you unequip the laser rifle and then go to geoscape. Following the steps 1-8 but going an extra time to geoscape (between steps 3 and 4) and then back to Soldier Equipment is not enough to avoid copying the laser rifle. What works is to follow the steps 1-6, then go to geoscape and back to Soldier Equipment before continuing with step 7 and 8.

Note:

I have only tested it with my laser rifle since that is the only item I have created thus far. But I suspect this behavior will be similar for other created items.

[ATTACH]3015[/ATTACH]

001.sav

001.sav

Additional information:

"03 Ryan Quinn" was not part of the last mission I did. I forgot to unequip his laser rifle and give it to another soldier. The result was that I was able to copy the laser rifle using "03 Ryan Quinn" even if he did not go on the mission. The copying can be done when the dropship is on its way back to the base or afterwards, using the same steps as mentioned above.