Suggestion : no workshop in the default base

Caaygun: Well the lore of the game kinda dictates that the organization has been around since the so called "iceland incident", so not having an equipped starting base at all kinda seems to contradict everything. I guess I can see how it would be interesting with total freedom to design your initial base from a gameplay perspective (not really tho), but from the lore perspective it makes no sense. Where has this organization been preparing all these years? Would they only start to construct their base once the anticipated alien invasion fleet arrives? I mean from that perspective it's sorta strange enough that you get to pick the location of the base at all...

This is where you miss the point, I don't want another living quarters, you can do well with just one per base if you remove the workshop. That's four squares freed for something else (more planes!) and more soldiers.

Please understand that not everybody plays your way. If I want to play this way, with one living quarter and no workshop, its because it's more efficient for my strategy.

I think there are enough arguments from both sides. The devs will take their own decision.

The thing is all buildings can be deconstructed so having the workshop there doesn't negate your play style.

It may make it slightly more difficult but then removing it makes other play styles slightly more difficult.

As you say not everyone plays the same way so your suggested change may be great for you but less interesting for others.

Personally I like to have the workshop there so I can make a start on foxtrots in my starting base as soon as possible.

I then usually build a second base and move my workshop there if required, depends on how desperate I am at that point :P

Your change would be a frustration to me compared to the current situation.

If it is removed then my first action of the game always has to be building the workshop.

Edited by Gauddlike

Hmmm, having thought about it for a bit, I'm not sure removing the workshop from the starting base is a good plan. Most people will want to build one immediately and though it does open up new strategies to have the money to be spent elsewhere, I'm not sure it's sufficiently advantageous to be worthwhile.

Making it tied to difficulty is a better way of implementing, but that would also take more time and it's not something I necessarily think is that high priority.