The Lore+ project

Max_Caine

shrek-cat.jpg

This is me staring at Kabill to combine it with FitH ;)

Assuming that there isn't another version of XCE by some point over the weekend, I'm going to put out a new version of FitH which will work with it without having to combine the two.

v21 is old exepirmental beta build so it's not 2.1. The current game version is 1.07HF.

To see if the mod is working you need to complete a Ground Mission or crashing a UFO and waiting for the intelligence about UFO mission.

Ah thanks for the headsup, just tried out a mission and voila the extra information popped up :)

Don't use that, it won't work. I was going to write "follow the install instructions in the OP" but there aren't any. IIRC, you should simply unpack and copy the files contained in the mod into your Xenonauts/assets folder.

^^After I followed your advice the mod worked right away, thanks man :)

Right, got my arse in gear and I've now updated Lore+ for 1.08HF. Here's the link.. I am now going to go and update the OP and then I'll get back to you, greenfish.

EDIT: Hello greenfish, I've now placed instructions in the OP. All you have to do is copy and paste all the files and the directory into the /xenonauts/assets/ directory.

Hello Max_Caine! THanks for the excellent lore+ and props for making instructions for new guys like my self. Followed all the instructions in your post and the game mod is finally working. Thank you :)

I'm VERY impressed by the choice of artwork in the mod and the writing fit's the mood of the game, feels like i'm reading something from xcom back in 1993 again

Great community you guys have here, lot's of great modders and friendly folks^^

• 2 weeks later...

hi max, i dont know if someone posted this earlier but in the newest version of this mod there is missing entrie in the xenopedia.

Specifically the CaesanClass4, the advanced caesan classes analysis, that with the officer standing with a knife and a psion kind of sparks power on his hand..after you complete it you get directed to a empty entrie and this never appear on the alien life form tab,i fixed it "copy&paste-ing" it from a earlier version (the 1.06v for example). wish it helps and please excuse my lame english >_<.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where this problem came from, but I'm working with a copy of Lore+ to try and integrate it into Khall's Carbines, in a CE .25 build, and I've noticed something very peculiar with the row containing VEQ.PURCOST.

It spams, after VEQ.PURCOST and Purchase cost, AEQ.PURCOST and Purchase cost approximately eleventy-billion times. I don't know whence that came from, or if it's been fixed in the recent editions or not (the one I have is, evidently, Lore+v21stableRC1,) but you should check to make sure that hasn't carried over. Since I've seen just about the exact same thing happen in a completely different mod, I'm beginning to suspect this is a flaw in Microsoft Excel.

Hi SD8685 (please excuse the concatenation of your name!). Firstly, whoa, you're using a VERY old version of Lore+. I'm impressed it's still holding up so well, but you'd be better served using the latest version, as that may help mitigate the problem you're currently having (in the other thread). Secondly, since you've posted, I've checked the thread and there isn't that problem in the latest version of Lore+.

Actually, I prefer people to concatenate it to SD8685 or even SD. That doesn't bother me.

First: Yeah, I realized that. I'm not sure where I got v21RC1 or why I thought it was current or near-current. I probably googled and grabbed the first one I saw. It has been holding up well, but since I realized it was so old, I'm now cleaning the metadata from v21RC1, 1.06, and 1.09, to do a text diff on them all and see what changed, as I'd heard there were bugs in the later versions, missing stuff and all that.

Secondly: That's good to know. I do wonder what caused that, though; same basic glitch in the files, two entirely different mods. Did they pass through the Excel of the same collaborator at some point, I can't help but wonder?

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to incorporate this mod fine so far, with .28ce, All I had to do was modularize the mod and the loader took care of the rest. So maybe if you just add the modinfo file and zip it people won't have issues if the bugs are fixed. I haven't played all the way through with it yet, but I will let you know how it goes when I can.

Love the mod though! great job.

• 1 month later...

Hi Max_Caine. I was feeling like playing some xenonauts. (It has been awhile!) Looking at the start post of this topic I did not see version for 1.09. Does the latest version work with new updated 1.09? I would love to see those Henrys artwork and lore+ in gameplay. Feel free to message me and I will keep my eye on updates on this topic aswell. Love your work guys!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, just captured a live caesan psion. But in mission debriefing its shown as executed. No problem so far, but i never had seen the entry of caesan psion in xenopedia. So its a bug? Just finished XCE with lore+ mod activated an still there is no entry with the caesan psion.