Optional V21.5 TU Balance Patch Released!

Glad you like the game, TacticalDragon. I think we're probably a bit too close to release to want to add a whole extra wound system into the game now, but it's a nice idea. Maybe we'd have done it if we were earlier in development.

Adding customisable difficulty settings would be quite a bit of work. It's probably not too hard from the code point of view but the UI side of things would be quite a bit of work, and I think there's higher priority things we can work on. As KateMicucci points out, you can change most of those things by changing a few values in the text files too.

Bulletcatcher - in most situations it is not, but when they are asking for a way to customise how the game plays I'd say it's a valid point to make.

Yep, I understand clearly adding things need balance test and so on.

In other hand I been testing 21 Experimental patch and I found Heavy weapons not viable option, 10 bullets is too much in lot of cases. I found that the game turns easy compared with other builds, enemies makes only few shots, alien weapons don't do too much damage (I rush Wolf armor) and Soldier TU gain system 2xCombat its too much. IMHO, I'll reduce TU gain to 1xCombat and cap until 70 to 1x3Combats.

Many thanks for your repply.

TacticalDragon, your comments make it sound like you're not using the latest experimental build. The current build has TU firing costs as a percentage value, not a flat value. Gaining more TU doesn't increase how many shots you can fire anymore, and that's why the TU cap was raised and growth was accelerated.

TacticalDragon, your comments make it sound like you're not using the latest experimental build. The current build has TU firing costs as a percentage value, not a flat value. Gaining more TU doesn't increase how many shots you can fire anymore, and that's why the TU cap was raised and growth was accelerated.

I download the version uploaded in steam V20 Hotfix 08/01/2014 and apply patch V21 Experimental Balance. The resulting game is weird, lot of pistols cost more the snap shot than normal shot and damage is very low (Even if aliens use heavy plasma).

I download the version uploaded in steam V20 Hotfix 08/01/2014 and apply patch V21 Experimental Balance. The resulting game is weird, lot of pistols cost more the snap shot than normal shot and damage is very low (Even if aliens use heavy plasma).

You want the latest Experimental build before applying the balance patch. That's probably why things are 'weird'.

Here's the instructions on how to opt in to the Experimental builds:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5958-Xenonauts-Experimental-Builds-Instructions

Yeah, don't bother with this any more. The Experimental build changes are incorporated into the main Steam Experimental download now.

Edited by Gauddlike
Locking thread so this post remains as the final word.