Where to find Alien Alloys received from successful ground combat mission.

cb6dba

Sorry if this has been documented elsewhere, I checked using the search but couldn't find it, I have also checked through the assets folder, also no luck.

Where is it listed how many Alien Allows you get from a downed UFO (after a successful ground combat mission)?

You don't need to do any of that.

Just go to Xenonauts/assets/tiles/UFO and look for the spectres for the alien ship components.

For example the alien reactor, fusion reactor, hyperdrive, and anti gravity generator all have entries for recoverable materials.

There could be more as I only had a quick look.

Each ship type also has an individual datacore spectre in its own folder.

The scout datacore for example is in assets/tiles/UFO/scout.

Open those up and look for entries like recoverAlienium="15" recoverAlienAlloys="0" and adjust those to your requirements.

Remember that they are normally only set for the default object, not the damaged or destroyed variants.

Also remember that there may be different facing versions of the objects so each should really recover the same amount of materials.

Larger ships may also have multiple instances of each of these items so adjusting the values upwards may make those ships recover for unexpectedly large values.

It may be easier to find the object you want and add or remove it from a ship using the submap editor to alter the value of the ship individually rather than adjusting the value of the object and therefore increasing the value of all ships by an unpredictable amount.

You could make the adjustment to the datacore only to make this process easier as I believe each ship only has one.

Edited by Gauddlike

Thanks for the tip - however I think I may have found out why I got the error when clicking on the tiles in the map editor. My tiles folder only has sub-folders for base, common, farm and soviet town.

None of them have anything do to with UFOs in them either... I did install a map pack a while back - maybe that removed some stuff? Can't understand how the game is running in the tiles are missing though..

• 10 months later...
You don't need to do any of that.

Just go to Xenonauts/assets/tiles/UFO and look for the spectres for the alien ship components.

For example the alien reactor, fusion reactor, hyperdrive, and anti gravity generator all have entries for recoverable materials.

There could be more as I only had a quick look.

Each ship type also has an individual datacore spectre in its own folder.

The scout datacore for example is in assets/tiles/UFO/scout.

Open those up and look for entries like recoverAlienium="15" recoverAlienAlloys="0" and adjust those to your requirements.

Remember that they are normally only set for the default object, not the damaged or destroyed variants.

Also remember that there may be different facing versions of the objects so each should really recover the same amount of materials.

Larger ships may also have multiple instances of each of these items so adjusting the values upwards may make those ships recover for unexpectedly large values.

It may be easier to find the object you want and add or remove it from a ship using the submap editor to alter the value of the ship individually rather than adjusting the value of the object and therefore increasing the value of all ships by an unpredictable amount.

You could make the adjustment to the datacore only to make this process easier as I believe each ship only has one.

So by editing these values, or adding all new ones, we could add entirely new salvage objects to be recovered from crashed ships?