MetalCanyon Descends Onto Xenonauts Beta (Let's Play And Soldier Applications)

Hey, everyone!

Having Let's Played pretty much all the squad-based X-Coms, including the horrendous TFTD, it's now finally time for me to delve into the world of Xenonauts! My original intention was to wait for the release, but since this was pushed back, I'm simply too impatient not to get my turn-based fix. I've been following the progress of this game since... forever. And I've kept my mittens off it for too long now!

And how better to celebrate my inability to keep away than with my viewers having soldiers named after them, rooting for them and feeling sad when those soldiers die? You've guessed it, there's no better way! Except, perhaps, explosions. And lots of them. But I digress...

Anyone who's interested to see someone play through the game blind and wants a soldier there can go riiiiiiiiiight

. There's a lot of applicants already but don't worry; I pick names randomly from the list, so everyone has the same chance to get an agent.

Hopefully this wasn't too much of a cocky post, seeing as it's my first, but it's all in good fun.

See you on the battlefield! :)

Ah yes, I came across you about a year before when watching Miasmata LP; I left an enlist comment on your video :)

I was worried about you getting negative impression about the game because V20 stable and V21 Experimental 3 each comes with their unique set of problems - each version shakes things up considerably, though undoubtedly for the better - but if you have been following game progress, I guess there's not much for me to worry about.

Good luck!

Well, kudos to the developers. Albeit the experimental build I'm let's playing is rather unstable and frequent crashes occur, I have to say the experience is very, very good. In particular I love the implementation of cover, although that too could use some tweaking (shots blocked when trying to take them past large, circular objects, which seem to have a much larger hit box than the actual visual presentation.

The air combat is a very nice and enjoyable touch in particular, although I'm getting my ass kicked on numerous occasions despite the autoresolve bragging about being able to do it 100% itself, hehe.

In any case, here's the first few episodes for your viewing pleasure. :)