V21 Experimental 3 Available!

Have any of you experienced an "endless" map. After shutting down an UFO, and going into the mission, and killing all the visible aliens. I got stuck on the map, searched all the visible areas and still no alien to be seen.

Later i restarted the same mission, and saw a alien on the same tile set of a chair. So i'm guessing, that an alien got deployed on the same space as a wall, or inside somewhere that i was unable to access, at least not without demolishing all the wall. I have 2 save games, one of the endless map, and the other one of the alien 'sitting' on the chair. I can provide them here if you want.

Have any of you had a similar issue?

You really need to make an easy difficulty, well, you know, an easy one. I play Enemy Unknown, Terror From The Deep, Apocalypse, but in first mission i lost almost all squad.

Did you take any shields along for the mission? Think of shields as being the rookies from the OG X-Com: they're there to take the reaction shot hits for you. Also, don't use assault rifles, use sniper rifles for your generic guys. Finally, take a load of smoke grenades. Smoke tiles stack, so being behind five tiles of smoke helps a lot.

Just played the game for the first time since, I dunno, one of the experimental V20s I think. Anyway I think its coming along really nicely. Unless I'm missing something the new loading screen seems great-a simple, clean iteration that is the first I've seen to replace the old placeholder. It only took 10 seconds maybe to load. I don't have a fast computer, it is about 8 years old and xenonauts isn't installed on an SSD.

The new reaction system feels familiar and intuitive, and for the first time aliens ran inside a building where I had a guy camped out on approach to the UFO. As soon as he opened the door... shotgun to the face. I've only played the first mission so far to check it out, but I think things are looking really nice. congrats. looking forward to release.

Oh two more things. One time I sent 2 foxtrots after a small ufo and auto-resolved the combat. It was successful but there was no loss of ammo after the fight. I've also on more than one occasion auto-resolved some fights that were supposed to be 100% where my planes were reduced to 0% health even as I was the victor of the encounter.

Thanks,

Chris

I also have experienced this

Oh two more things. One time I sent 2 foxtrots after a small ufo and auto-resolved the combat. It was successful but there was no loss of ammo after the fight. I've also on more than one occasion auto-resolved some fights that were supposed to be 100% where my planes were reduced to 0% health even as I was the victor of the encounter.

Thanks,

Chris

Scouts are a pretty bad offender for that. Not to mention you can lose with Alenium torpedoes, which the only way to even take damage in manual combat is to actively sabotage your flight.