Mixed Crews

Any plans to implement mixed crews in later versions? Would be cool to see the aliens actually working side-by-side with each other, and it would require the player to adapt his strategies on the fly.

Another cool feature that probably won't happen because the art assets would have to be made for it is to see humans start appearing among the enemies, once at least one nation has surrendered to the aliens. The aliens would probably use them as grunts or cannon fodder, but it would drive home the reality of the invasion quite nicely. Not only are you fighting the aliens, but you are also fighting the traitors, and fighting what your race would become if you lose.

Another cool feature that probably won't happen because the art assets would have to be made for it is to see humans start appearing among the enemies, once at least one nation has surrendered to the aliens. The aliens would probably use them as grunts or cannon fodder, but it would drive home the reality of the invasion quite nicely. Not only are you fighting the aliens, but you are also fighting the traitors, and fighting what your race would become if you lose.

(Men in white coats struggle to pull Stinky out of the room, but Stinky yells the following before he's dragged to the van.)

CULT OF SIRIUS STYLE RAIDS ON TRAITOR NATIONS! CULT OF SIRIUS STYLE RAIDS ON TRAITOR NATIONS!

In all seriousness, humans would actually be very useful to the aliens.

Local availability in HUGE numbers. Physically tougher then the caesans, smarter then the sebs. Very expendable. Give plasma weaponry (or not) and point them in the direction of your enemies.

I would be more surprised if the aliens DIDN'T utilize human cannon fodder when a nation surrendered to them. Isn't the praetor's ultimate goal to "uplift" us as a race and enslave us? Just like they did to the other races?

In all seriousness, humans would actually be very useful to the aliens.

Local availability in HUGE numbers. Physically tougher then the caesans, smarter then the sebs. Very expendable. Give plasma weaponry (or not) and point them in the direction of your enemies.

I would be more surprised if the aliens DIDN'T utilize human cannon fodder when a nation surrendered to them. Isn't the praetor's ultimate goal to "uplift" us as a race and enslave us? Just like they did to the other races?

BAH! spoilerwarning!

"Uplift"?... I don't think so.

"We finally have our answers, Commander. These creatures are biologically immortal, immune to aging - but certainly not to violent injury. Our captive is evidently terrified by the possibility of death and proved exceptionally compliant during the interrogation.

The Praetors are an ancient race that developed hyperspace technology millions of years ago. Their history was unremarkable until they encountered the Caesans. The Caesans of old had settled their home system, but did not possess the hyperdrive technology they needed to travel beyond it. What they did possess was the power of telepathy, along with several other latent psionic abilities. It proved their undoing; craving the powers for themselves, the Praetors subjugated the Caesans and studied them until they identified the genetic material responsible.

They improved this genetic material and granted themselves extraordinary psionic powers. They became a race of intergalactic tyrants, seeking out and enslaving sentient life in endless pursuit of ""improvements"" (e.g. the biological immortality extracted from the Sebillians). The useful species were retained, genetically re-sequenced to ensure submission and servitude.

This is the fate planned for us. Our enemies toy with us - this invasion is just a test. The High Praetor measures our progress from the bridge of the enormous alien mothership orbiting our planet. Without him, the fleet would collapse...but then the extraterrestrials would simply jump in a new fleet. There would be no end. At best, we would have the choice between extinction or subjugation. Neither much appeals.

The rules must change, Commander. I have an idea...just give me a little time to develop it."

That's why I put "uplift" in quotation marks. lol

Again, as a slave race humans would actually be pretty valuable. Why else would the aliens even be bothering with us?

It isn't for the resources on our planet, Alenium and alien alloys don't appear naturally here. It isn't to colonize us either, our atmosphere is too rich in oxygen and is poisonous to the aliens.

It is for us as a species. The aliens want to subjugate us, whether it is something interesting in our DNA that they want, or maybe they just see our usefulness as a slave race. Maybe both.

@Gorlom

Really, you are complaining about spoilers? You get that info out of the seb, and caesan autopsy notes. Not really endgame stuff by any means...

@Gorlom

Really, you are complaining about spoilers? You get that info out of the seb, and caesan autopsy notes. Not really endgame stuff by any means...

First I've heard of "preator" thought that was more endgame. I haven't acctually played for a long time :P

My first encounter with x-com was Terror From The Deep... I can still recall the revulsion I felt, when the research text explained that the hideous "Deep Ones" where genetically half human and half alien... The first twisted result of the experimentation of the aliens...

I would just so much love to see such twisted abominations in this game as well... But probably not going to happen due to art ressources... It just ads so much flavor to the setting... And makes the implications of the invasion very real.

At least human traitors or "brainwashed" troops might be possible to implement... Just take the "local forces" assets and repaint them... (crosses fingers...)

That… would… be… AWESOME!

Might also be fun that if you lose a dropship or leave people behind you have an immediate % check for an alien raid on your base. They interrogated the survivors and know exactly where you are.

Might also be fun that if you lose a dropship or leave people behind you have an immediate % check for an alien raid on your base. They interrogated the survivors and know exactly where you are.

If I were commander I wouldn't let my soldiers or scientists know where my base is for that exact reason. Blindfolded while they take the chopper in and out imo.

In the 70s-80s, would a black-ops chopper like the Xenonauts chinook have some sort of guidance, or at least paper map?

Perhaps the aliens would capture that.

Plus, the PILOT needs to know where the base is. And if the chopper goes down, he's going down with it.

Unless you give him a pistol with a single bullet...