So, roughly how far are we now from release?

I do the same thing now, no more pre-orders ever again. Kickstarter or small developer prepurchases are ok with me only because without them we would never see these games.

You ever get the feeling the bug publishers don't care if the game even works? It's almost like they are perfectly happy to release a broken game if it was profitable in the first weekend, then forget about all about it and never fix it. Hype it and sell it, forget about actually making it work.

Bug publishers specialize in bugs though...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

We're relatively close to release. We don't have a hard date yet because we're still tinkering with the balance, but most of the systems are done and we're just doing final polishing, adding some new maps and adding the final mission. I'd say we're 90-95% done I guess.

Financially I think we could keep this up for at least another six months if we needed to, possibly longer. I'd like to release the game relatively soon but after having spent four or five years on it I'd rather spend the extra month or two on it to finish it properly rather than cut corners at the end.

BF4 was unplayable for me on release but I started playing it again earlier this week and it's good fun now. No more random CTDs or the sound going missing etc.

You have time to play BF4 shame on you :P jk.

Bought the game ages ago and consider it one of my best gaming purchases in recent times.

I personally don't play it these days, although the beta is still lots of fun. Despite not really working.

Chris and the team, I say take your time, do it right. Plenty of folks like me to support you with $$ and patience.

• 2 weeks later...
Bought the game ages ago and consider it one of my best gaming purchases in recent times.

I personally don't play it these days, although the beta is still lots of fun. Despite not really working.

Chris and the team, I say take your time, do it right. Plenty of folks like me to support you with $$ and patience.

Second that.