Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to access old versions

how to access old versions

Hello,

apparently i missed few features that is dead in current version. How do I "roll back" to older version to find out what it is and learn the differences in current and future versions?

R

Alien Hospitality Liaison iamkyon's Avatar
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Previous builds are not available anywhere as far as I'm aware, so your only option to revisit them would be to keep copies stashed away in a folder other than the one Desura installs your games to.

Which features are you missing, by the way?

Hello,

not know how to stash away old version with desura. is there a forum how to do that?

the issue is not knowing research stuff or equip "new" things. I noted in bug report somehwat not working in 8.9 (started with 8.61, and currently with 8.9)

R

Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Excuse my sleep-deprived brain for wording the previous post in an obtuse manner. What I meant to say is this: the only method of saving builds for posterity that I'm aware of is copying the contents of the game's installation folder (which defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\xenonauts\ in Windows 7) to another location. It's doubtful that anyone who regularly posts on this forum, apart from the developers, has access to earlier versions.

As to the issues you've experienced, they've been reported on the Bug Reports subforum, and should be fixed in the near future. The bugs are save-game-related, so as long as you keep playing a continous campaign, I don't think they should occur at all.

Even I don't have access to the old builds. Basically Desura runs an autoupdater so each build isn't usually a fully seperate entity from the ones before, rather they share a lot of files with one another.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

No ctrl-z if you mess up? dang
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

I had all of the previous builds on my hard drive until it failed at the weekend.
    You aren't missing anything though, the current build is definitely the best so far.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

where does desura typically save the save game files. I looked in the desura files (in "program file x86" of C drive). I do not see save files.

is becoming cluttered with old play saves... thought to 'flush those saves', searched for the save files...

Roy

Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by rynait View Post
    where does desura typically save the save game files. I looked in the desura files (in "program file x86" of C drive). I do not see save files.

is becoming cluttered with old play saves... thought to 'flush those saves', searched for the save files...

Roy
    Try My Documents\Xenonauts.

Hello,

thanks iamkyon... found the saves in your suggested directory and shown those files to the recycle bin.

R