Let's play xenonauts v20. Join the squad!

Hi!

I am Commander Tasku, fan of the game just like rest of you guys out there.

I was thinking of making some new youtube videos of xenonauts v20.

I am also thinking of using the Lore+ mod again.

It seems Max_caine and a333 has been working hard with the mod.

There is room in the squad so let me know if you want to join the squad.

Also tips and tricks are most welcome if you have had the time to play the new v20.

I made some videos of xenonauts v19 stable gameplay that you can watch meanwhile.

Here is link to my youtube profile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tascruel

Thank you for your insight to the game Ilunak.

I have noticed few things myself.

Grenades seem to work more realistic now.

In my v19 videos I used to be able to throw grenades inside from sides of the scout ships.

Breaching these ships seems much more dangerous now.

I also had problem targeting inside the ship when I used smoke in front of the doors.

The AI you are refering tends to try to take good accurate shots.

AI also save time units quite alot if it does not have good changes for the shots.

I usually enjoy flanking maneveurs if my opponents get behind cover,

so this have not become that much of a problem for me.

I hope the difficulty settings will be more forgiving with harder difficulties.

But in general, I think the game is a ton fun as it is.

One thing I hope to see soon, is the sprite animations for diffrent shield+weapon combinations.

This would be big thing when visually presenting the current state of game.

As usual I choose stable version to present and hope to show something that gets people intrested in the game.

It's not too late to join!

Also Jsleezy, I will continue to use your armour images.

Atleast the basic uniform, wolf and sentinel with the soldiers.

I am still testing the game that the lore+ v20 works fine.

I have not captured the videos yet.

I will try to get first episode out somepoint next week.

Breaching these ships seems much more dangerous now.

Research stun weapons and gas em up! Rocket launcher is especially effective when firing into UFO from far away. But even gas grenades usually do the trick, you don't need to throw them right below alien feet. Other than that, electroshock grenades are very useful, because they cause huge amounts of suppression. They do explode at the end of your turn, but suppression seem to add up on unit; so suppressed unit in previous turn may be easily scared again in current turn, by flashbang or weapon burst laying next to him.

P.S. You can finish off uncoscious enemies by clicking your weapon and aiming at them. This is war.:D

Pack of Andron Warriors(4+),all with heavy plasma and facing the only entrance. And grenades aren't throwable through smoke anymore for some reason. Good luck if you encounter that(also post a separate link for it :) )!

Enlarge entrance with explosives and shoot at them from 16 squares away. Heavy plasmas won't really work from that distance.

Pack of Andron Warriors(4+),all with heavy plasma and facing the only entrance. And grenades aren't throwable through smoke anymore for some reason. Good luck if you encounter that(also post a separate link for it :) )!

That's nothin'.

One time in a Carrier crashsite I had SIX Andron Warriors and TWO Harridans all spawned into the 1st floor teleport room of the Ufo.

Imagine how many grenades that results in.

They were aggressive too: they'd come out of the room, throw a grenade and then just stand there. What I had to do in the end is retreat a couple rooms south and reaction fire them as they emerged, one by one.

Was very frustrating. Even the last 3-4 could only be taken down by smoke + rocket spam.

That's nothin'.

One time in a Carrier crashsite I had SIX Andron Warriors and TWO Harridans all spawned into the 1st floor teleport room of the Ufo.

I don't even bother storming this room. Make a hole in the wall, throw C4 there, make another hole, throw another C4... If you can't make problem fly away, put more explosives.

Edited by Serker

It's not too late to join!

Also Jsleezy, I will continue to use your armour images.

Atleast the basic uniform, wolf and sentinel with the soldiers.

I am still testing the game that the lore+ v20 works fine.

I have not captured the videos yet.

I will try to get first episode out somepoint next week.

Great!. I'm looking forward to the video. I've also made a new Jackal Armor if you'd like to add it to your soldiers.

Also, have you been able to check out my Sound mod? It's really easy to install and adds a lot to the game (in my opinion). It could definitely use some exposure.

If you're accepting custom faces I'll be this guy:

cust72_portrait.png

If not, then anything would do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I promised earlier to cover some v20 xenonauts but I have encountered some problems.

I can no longer load my earlier v20 save game files :/

New updates must have made my earlier v20 stable save game files obsolate.

I prolly should have heeded warnings to wait for later event to capture episodes.

I am very curious about estimated time of release tho.

If there is any estimate on release, I would love to know.

Meanwhile I am just going to wait abit.

I did not release the single episode cause can't continue it.

I have some good news tho.

I got this nice new microphone and I like it alot!

Can't wait to put it to good use :)

Thank you to everyone taking intrest in this post. There has been almost 700 views on the post.

I promise I will try to cover the game more in the near future as I am pretty exited about it just like the rest of you!

----

I might be intrested in doing standalone episodes to highlight a tip or a trick thou...

If you have some good ideas of tip or trick to highlight, please let me know!

I am hoping I could cover something that would hopefully end up into the final release.

One thing I was thinking of covering could be how to safely breach certain types of alien aircrafts.

Also grenade usage tutorial could something that could be intresting.

Edited by Tascruel