Stinky's sandpit (Fighting against passive AI.)

Ol' Stinky

I like where this is going. Your "TON" of armor on your Andron elite is 2/3 of what mine is at and your hp is 80% of mine, but I also give my soldiers more armor and changed alien weapons to encourage slightly longer firefights. It does make for interesting situations though in that an alien with full strength armor doesn't get suppressed very easily, but given your values it should be fine... mine were almost impossible to suppress cause I got carried away with armor values and had to reduce them.

Anyways, looking at your changes you shouldn't have armor problems for either damage or suppression.

I do have some suggestions for explosive type weapons though:

1) Make grenades(human and alien) back to incendiary now that 4x damage multiplier correctly destroys terrain and cover instead of everything.

2) Give aliens some incendiary armor to keep tier 1 rockets from destroying elite aliens so quickly. Since air combat is so important, chances are your rockets will be on tier with the aliens and should actually need the upgrades.

3) Increase radius of rockets and grenades a bit to reinforce their usefulness of destroying terrain and injuring multiple enemies.

4) Decrease radius of C4 to make it more of a directed demo charge and not a mini-nuke.

I haven't been playing much lately so I haven't kept up my balance modding, but many of the things you are doing are the direction I would like to go with mine so I'll just piggyback on yours for now.

Also for shotguns, instead of raising accuracy, lower damage a bit, remove mitigation, and increase the pellet count to 8. Should probably lower the reaction modifier to 1.5 given the current reaction system. Increased pellet count is fun stuff and encourages close quarters ambushes, charges, and other risky and fun things.

What I'm thinking of doing is bumping up the Androns to scary stats, but lowering their numbers. So hearing that I've not overshot is nice to know.

1) I assumed this had been done by devs already! Yeah, I'll sort that out.

2) Good point, for some reason I've only tweaked kinetic/energy armour.

3) Splash damage is still something like 25% of a direct hit, and I don't think I can change that. I'm sure it used to be 50% or so, which is much better to work with. I might increase the incendiary bonus against terrain from x4 to something like x6 and work from there.

4) Another good point, although mini-nukes are fun. I'll probably lower it to radius 3 instead of 5 and see how that feels.

Given the damage buff I've given to rifles, I want to be careful that shotguns don't get left in the dust. Shotguns had the worst accuracy/AP and I don't think that's justified given that they're naff outside of range. I'll increase pellet count (changing damage accordingly) and lower reaction mod like you suggest. I've given shotties six pellets in the past and there's no doubt it looks cooler than three.

Well, I'm still working on the black units. I've still got plasma precision rifles, MAGs and assault shields to go. Whew.

Here's an updated version of the rifle mod, with:

• six pellet shotguns
  • frag grenades correctly set to incendiary type (x4 damage to environment)
  • incendiary armour for aliens
  • end of turn explosions for grenades disabled
  • tweaked suppression values (they now increase for all guns as tiers go on, not just for LMGs, but LMGs are still superior)
  • x1.5 reaction mod for shotguns/pistols, for both alien and soldier weaponry

And my mod for the day is this: fragile cover. This has everything the above mod has, but two extra changes: cover now is x1.8 more effective (so a 50% cover crate now goes to 90%), but everything does incendiary damage. Pistols, shotguns, rifles, alien weaponry, whatever. Also, the AI knows this.

I think the x0.75 cover mod in v21exp2 makes cover too unimportant, but playing with it at x1 did slow the game down. Tweaking the health of every prop would take me a daft amount of time, so instead I've enabled incendiary damage for everything. Give it a try. I suspect it needs the incendiary damage bonus to be reduced, but I didn't want to nerf grenades/rockets, and this is as much a proof of concept as anything.

Edited by Ol' Stinky

• 2 weeks later...
I'm afraid not' date=' I've been playing unmodded/slowly working on black units (MAGs and assault shields to go now). But I'm open to requests. If you want just the more aggressive AIs, I'm happy to make it happen.[/quote']

I like the civil AI when they follow my solders ..

and grenada explode when the unit throw it on enemy ..

more bullets if I'm not wrong ..

Thank You ...

I like the civil AI when they follow my solders ..

and grenada explode when the unit throw it on enemy ..

more bullets if I'm not wrong ..

Thank You ...

No problem. I'm guessing by "more bullets" you mean shotguns spraying more pellets, so that's what I did - they now shoot 9 pellets instead of 3, but total damage remains the same. I also made the grenades do bonus damage to cover/walls/etc. since I was making them insta-explode anyway. Let me know if the civs don't follow troops well enough. Grab the mod here.

This will probably break again for v21 experimental 5, for those people reading this post from the future. I know you're out there.

No problem. I'm guessing by "more bullets" you mean shotguns spraying more pellets' date=' so that's what I did - they now shoot 9 pellets instead of 3, but total damage remains the same. I also made the grenades do bonus damage to cover/walls/etc. since I was making them insta-explode anyway. Let me know if the civs don't follow troops well enough. Grab the mod [u']here[/u].

This will probably break again for v21 experimental 5, for those people reading this post from the future. I know you're out there.

nice .. Now I will try it, and I will feedback .. Thank You ..

Edit: well, civil AI ok but not as before !!

I think if you can edit them more close from solders .. it will be great ..

I still trying it more to see different ..

Edited by Solam