V20 Stable Candidate 4 Released!

I'm having no difficulty with the Base ending. That seems to work fine.
OK, I understand now. OK, I can tell you one thing that MIGHT be making a difference. I been using the same save names over and over, so it's always an "overwrite". You might try that if your doing a new save each time (just overwrite an old save instead.) Oh, and as Dranak, pointed transferrring saves from one version to another usually causes problems or just plain doesn't work.

Oh, and as Dranak, pointed transferrring saves from one version to another usually causes problems or just plain doesn't work.

Well, that's what I was hinting at when I said that I always start a new game with every new build that's being released.

On another topic:

I have fixed (for me, at least) the "CTD while saving after first ground mission"-problem. Deleting all local files in Steam (rightclick on the gamename in the Steam library, then "Delete local content...") and then redownloading and reinstalling did the trick.

Played 2 groundmissions, saved after each of them, tried loading the saves, everything seems to work fine.

There are however still no autosaves, still no LOS when the mission starts, no mission brief screen telling me how severly the UFO was damaged, and suppressed Aliens stay that way for the rest of the mission, not doing anything, even if I move one of my soldiers right next to them.

Well, that's what I was hinting at when I said that I always start a new game with every new build that's being released.

On another topic:

I have fixed (for me, at least) the "CTD while saving after first ground mission"-problem. Deleting all local files in Steam (rightclick on the gamename in the Steam library, then "Delete local content...") and then redownloading and reinstalling did the trick.

Played 2 groundmissions, saved after each of them, tried loading the saves, everything seems to work fine.

There are however still no autosaves, still no LOS when the mission starts, no mission brief screen telling me how severly the UFO was damaged, and suppressed Aliens stay that way for the rest of the mission, not doing anything, even if I move one of my soldiers right next to them.

I haven't had the issue with the aliens staying suppressed. The other missing ground combat briefing stuff I think is intentional as GH was in the process of implementing a new ground combat start screen when things went south. Edited by StellarRat

I'm assuming because that would be another feature that they would need to code/test/fix, and then strip out of the game/disable later, all of which takes time which could be spent on other things. Maybe as an alternative they can throw up a message on the launcher that explicitly spells out that each update will (for now) generally break existing saves and for a better play experience you should start a new game for each patch?

Edit: Sandy, did you try the delete/re-install like the poster above you did? I know it's a pain, but it might help you out.

Edited by Dranak

After upgrading to V20-4, I have deleted all my old Saves. I restarted a New game. After killing all the aliens, with Charlie in the air, I tried to Save my progress. No soap. The game hangs, and finally CTD.

Sorry to ruin your Christmas...

Slinger

As I said before, for me reinstalling the game worked. Takes a little while, but that's a small price to pay for having a working version over Christmas, right?