V20 Stable Candidate 3 Released!

Anyone who's been following the forums over the past couple of days will know we've been having problems with our Stable Candidates so far.

A mysterious CTD is occurring for some users on load, but the development team are finding very hard to reproduce and fix. We spent most of yesterday trying to fix this but with no luck, and now the team has officially shut down for Christmas, it's the weekend, and we're meant to have V20 Stable out already, we've decided to roll back to an earlier featureset.

Changes:

- The new Ground Combat loading screen has been disabled.

- The "wounded soldier" notifications on the Soldier Equip screens have been disabled.

As we believe these two changes caused all the major bugs in the previous versions, we think this will leave a stable build that we can hopefully release as V20 Stable. The loading screen and wounded soldier notifications will return in the next experimental build (possibly introducing a major new feature in a Stable Candidate build was a bit optimistic).

Let us know if you encounter any CTDs or other major bugs in this version in this thread, please! The build is a bit of a code splice so it's possible that will have caused further problems...but I hope not.

Well, you done your very best to give us a nice new shiny build for Christmas, and I'm sure that the majority amongst us appreciate this.

The one thing however, that we can't forgive, is the fact that you have turned us all into Xenonaut junkies. :D

Edit: Thanks for giving us a stable build to keep us occupied over the holidays. Will this be live today?

A very merry Christmas to Chris, family and the team.

Edited by Moonie

Edge scrolling is still bugged in GC. Not a big deal though..

I mapped the arrow keys for this. At first they didn't work but later did. As you say, no big deal, all these little bugs will soon get wiped out. The main thing is that we can still kill aliens *evil laugh*

{BUG} After finishing ground combat then accessing the research screen, then back to global, all buttons became unusable except for time acceleration. My sky-ranger was still on the homeward journey.

This happened in 20.8 hotfixes as well. You can use the rest of the buttons if you get into the base screen by clicking on a base, but then everything messes up again when you go back to Geoscape.

This happened in 20.8 hotfixes as well. You can use the rest of the buttons if you get into the base screen by clicking on a base, but then everything messes up again when you go back to Geoscape.

Darn, I really didn't want to go back to Xcom for my UFO fix. I was hoping for a Xenonauts Christmas. It's always the best things that break isn't it?