Steam Winter sale?

Laxe

Despite the fact I got this game rather recently. I would have absolutely no problem with a sale.

Games thrive upon a large and involved community. And the only way to grow a community is to attract more people to the game. I cannot think of a better way of doing this than hosting a sale on steam.

Even if it means the price is discounted 50%, I would have no issues if it meant the game's popularity grew significantly.

More people playing the game means more people making mods. More people making maps. More community involvement in all aspects.

This would improve the game far more than a sense of "Respect" the developer has for the price people have paid thus far.

Overall, I think the success of the game is more important than the value of the money I have paid for it.

There is also the current opinion of Steam Early Access to consider. It seems a lot of people have issues with SEA and neither do research or notice the blue box telling them taht the game is in Steam Early Access, and what that entails.

Word of mouth is a powerful thing, even if it is spread by a loud minority made up of complete idiots that can't be bothered to read more than titles.

Incentivising these people to buy the game via a sale before it is completed might be a bad idea, even if it means Goldhawk miss out on legit productive community members.

(Besides I personally wonder how involved people that wait to buy a game on a sale will be in it's community)