Geoscape Balance Discussion V20 Stable Candidate 1

Aaron

Time to chew an old bone, methinks.

It's probably because I've played a LOT of air combat missions, but UFOs don't half feel samey. All the larger ufos have the same characteristics: large narrow-range gun, wider short range gun, HP boost, speed boost, slow turning. All the interceptors are straight upgrades of the last. No wonder Foxtrots still rule the skies, you don't have to change your strategy whatsoever! Would there be any chance of shaking up the formula a bit? You don't have to invent new things to do it, either. With the existing ruleset I was able to signficantly shake up how air combat plays. How I like it probably isn't for everyone, but with GC now advancing in leaps and bounds, could something be done to make air combat more interesting. Especially landing ships. I am very likely to see landing ships right the way through the game, and they are tasty snacks to be airstruck over and over.

Maybe i m the only one but dont you find that the new Reseach UI is a bit weird? I like it but one point bothers me a lot. THe space where the current research are listed (where you can allocate the scientist) is so damn small at the bottom of the screen.

It is really too small in my point of view. It contains the main information of the research tab and it occupy what 15% of the screen.

I think it would be better to increase its size by a fair margin. Or maybe do like in the main menu where the folder just comes upward and let you see almost the whole of it instead of having just the upper top of the folder on the screen.

When i am home i ll try to post a picture to be more clear.

I'm playing on "Veteran" like Chris told us to do, however, I feel the balance is off between ground combat and air combat. The aliens seem to be ramping up their ship sizes and number much quicker than they did when the game was at "Normal", but the ground combat ramp up seems to be like the old "Normal", but with a smart AI of course. Basically what I'm saying is, the air portion of the game needs to be dialed down a bit on "Veteran" to match the ground progression.