Jsleezy's Real Fighter SOUNDS

Jsleezy

Thanks for the input. It works for me with the custom folder but I'll try moving it to the audio/sfx folder if that's easier for everybody. Can you go into any more detail on how you were having problems downloading it?

As for the integrating question I've PM'd you a response.

Thanks for trying out the mod.

there seems to be a set limit of custom sounds one can add before the game crashes. I actually ended up with a ton of sounds I couldn't use because of this.

I don't think there is a limit as to how many you can have per action, however there is a set number of custom files the system can process before it crashes.

Sounds like a bugfix candidate; unless the game is attempting to preload in RAM all the sounds, the number shouldn't matter. Great mod btw - no, I haven't actually downloaded it, but I've had experience making my own sound/voice replacement mods in various games. The things you can find on Youtube, lol...

I like many of the updated sounds. However, elite soldiers chatting while getting into position feels unrealistic, very amateur night. Not even regular soldiers talks while moving and this is supposed to be the elite! "Go go go" might fit when breaching something but not during normal movement.

Could you consider making an alternate version without the talking while moving sounds?

I like many of the updated sounds. However, elite soldiers chatting while getting into position feels unrealistic, very amateur night. Not even regular soldiers talks while moving and this is supposed to be the elite! "Go go go" might fit when breaching something but not during normal movement.

Could you consider making an alternate version without the talking while moving sounds?

Yeah, it should be a really easy fix. I'll post another version later tonight.

Update:

I've uploaded the file on the nexus:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/3/?

I really feel like this is an un-found gem. If you're on the fence just give it a try and tell me what you think.

I think the main reason I'm fence sitting is repetitiveness. Mainly for the movement procs.

I play CS a lot, which makes it even worse. It's a shame there's a limit. From the video, I could only hear the CS radio commands for movement, at least- it'd probably be cool if you got a couple voice actors to do original work. As is hearing 'Go, go, go!' every minute or so will drive me more insane than 99% hit chances will.

edit: Also, I happen to have a pretty well edited out sound file for 'Let's roll -oll', if you want it. I guess that would only really be funny to csgo players, though.

Edited by Felicity

Perhaps you would be interested in finding some different sounds to apply (potentially from a game that isn't so popular as CS?)

Even as it is though I'm finding the mod highly enjoyable despite sacrificing a little bit of atmosphere to have it running, glad you thought of introducing it.

I have uploaded another version of the file with no soldier barks on movement. This leaves the sounds for getting shot, death, shooting at something, throwing grenades, killing something and probably a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

I think the main reason I'm fence sitting is repetitiveness. Mainly for the movement procs.

I play CS a lot, which makes it even worse. It's a shame there's a limit. From the video, I could only hear the CS radio commands for movement, at least- it'd probably be cool if you got a couple voice actors to do original work. As is hearing 'Go, go, go!' every minute or so will drive me more insane than 99% hit chances will.

edit: Also, I happen to have a pretty well edited out sound file for 'Let's roll -oll', if you want it. I guess that would only really be funny to csgo players, though.

I think the sounds are for the original CS game not one of the resent ones. It's really not as repetitive as you might think but then again I don't play CS. You might still be interested on the new version I just posted that removes the talk on movement.

Perhaps you would be interested in finding some different sounds to apply (potentially from a game that isn't so popular as CS?)

Even as it is though I'm finding the mod highly enjoyable despite sacrificing a little bit of atmosphere to have it running, glad you thought of introducing it.

I'm glad you like it! I've already spent too much time to go back and add more sounds. Although I did like the idea Felicity suggested about getting some talent and doing custom sounds. Perhaps somebody else with more time and talent might want to follow that lead.

Edited by Jsleezy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sleezy, thanks for all your hard work on this and other mods.

I'm just having trouble downloading this file from Nexusmods right now. It keeps telling me that the file is under review by moderators. Any idea how to get past this? Didn't have this issue for your armors or faces mod.

Thanks!

Ok when we are talking about Spec Ops type moving, Situational but often yes we do acknowledge that we heard a movement order and let our fire team leader know when we are in position. Example

Fire Team leader: John, punch left

Me:Rodger, Punching

Me: In position

Fire Team Leader:Rdgr

When we are being quite we will still talk via coms but everything is slower and use common sense, yes we are not going to whisper outside a door we are about to breach.

7 Years active duty Navy SEAL