Exploding items on ground

As the title descriobes it already, i would love that grenades lying on the ground from dead aliens

would explode if they get hit from other explosives and maybe fly trough the air before they explode aswell.

Aswell shrapnell fire "cause trough exploding ammunition on ground" like in XCOM-3.

From a gameplay point of a view, I can see that being an issue.

But if I'm carrying five grenades on my belt and a plasma rifle hits them, I kinda expect them to blow up :P

(As it is, I am trying a new tactic of starting out a squad fully equipped with flashbangs. Stuns all around!)

From a gameplay point of a view, I can see that being an issue.

But if I'm carrying five grenades on my belt and a plasma rifle hits them, I kinda expect them to blow up :P

(As it is, I am trying a new tactic of starting out a squad fully equipped with flashbangs. Stuns all around!)

It's quite a lot less hilarious than it sounds when it actually happens regularly in the game :)

It's quite a lot less hilarious than it sounds when it actually happens regularly in the game :)
Very less hilarious! I would only be in favor of a change like that if it was for specific weapons that are supposed to be "unstable" like the gas tank of a flamethrower or some other explosive that says, "Use at your own risk!". Edited by StellarRat

IIRC there is a similar game mechanic in place in JA2 1.13 - some explosives tend to go boom in soldier inventory if hit by a blast wave. So... one soldier's 40mm grenades go boom, this triggers a landmine a guy next to him was holding, combined these explosions make frag and gas grenades go off on nearby personnel... Basically a chain reaction that could randomly wipe out your whole team after an enemy tossed a mini grenade at you and missed.

The flip side, of course, was that hitting a group of well equipped enemies with a mortar shell had a significant chance of detonating whatever explosives they were carrying, meaning a rather quick victory.

In xenonauts however, this would also mean all the valuable gear would go up in smoke, so exploding aliens = less money. I wouldn't like that...