Shotguns at close range need more suppression capability.

The one thing I've noticed about suppression values in-game is that (at least as far as I can tell) the shotgun has the worst of all ballistic weapons. I suppose this makes sense at long range where the blast has dispersed somewhat, but at close range, even when the shot misses (which is relatively common for the 20-TU option), the mere sound and power of a shotgun blast up-close should be more suppressive than a three-round burst from a rifle. Two consecutive near-misses from a shotgun at a range of four tiles just failed to suppress a Caesan non-combatant in the game I'm playing now, which is the reason I came over and posted. This just seems insane.

Just a suggestion- perhaps shotguns should receive added suppression value below a predefined range, say seven tiles or so?

The shotguns did have a pretty low value, this is because I hadn't tweaked it since we converted them over from carbine style weapons - I will tweak it up for the next version. They are already unable to cause suppression beyond their range, which is set to 10 tiles.

The shotguns did have a pretty low value, this is because I hadn't tweaked it since we converted them over from carbine style weapons - I will tweak it up for the next version. They are already unable to cause suppression beyond their range, which is set to 10 tiles.

Oh neat, I just saw this post now after having grumbled about this in the other thread. I am glad to hear that their suppression range has a cap. Looking forward to testing this in game.

Oh neat, I just saw this post now after having grumbled about this in the other thread. I am glad to hear that their suppression range has a cap. Looking forward to testing this in game.

All guns have capped suppression range. They cause 0 suppression past their effective (green bar in the UI) range.

I've been thinking that they ought to have substantial suspression ability. Maybe just below a machinegun. Shotguns put out a lot of "lead" per round.