Opening doors cost nearly 15 AP

Of course, it didn't actually do anything to change that, just made it more inconvenient.

Eh? Making door abuse more inconvenient was the intention - fewer people will be willing to go through the rigmarole of having a dedicated door opener guy in position than are willing to just abuse cheap door opening with 1 guy.

I also gather it worked pretty well as a deterrent to door abuse based on the number of people who moan about it :)

Eh? Making door abuse more inconvenient was the intention - fewer people will be willing to go through the rigmarole of having a dedicated door opener guy in position than are willing to just abuse cheap door opening with 1 guy.

I also gather it worked pretty well as a deterrent to door abuse based on the number of people who moan about it :)

Those people could be players that are not abusing the door hinges and could just be annoyed that regular use of moving through doors in human buildings are so heavily impacted.

Can you differeate between opening and closing a door? Would it still deterr if you put closing at say 45 TU and opening doors remain at what it was before this change? (although that would cause some intuity problems most likely.. hmm)

I would assume that some kind of AI solution would be superior to adjusting the TU cost... To have the aliens destroy the door by firing on it if they think someone is behind it or opening and closing it a lot would solve the issue, no? I'm not sure how plausible that is to do though :S

Edited by Gorlom

Fair enough, it is more inconvenient. Although I'm not sure how many of the people complaining about door TU costs are because it's interfering with them abusing it.

Part of me likes the idea of unclosable alien doors, but I'm not sure what that would do to base missions.

I can imagine the complaints if doors became unclosable.

"Hi, I can't close doors. Is this a bug?"

"WHY CANT I CLOSE DOORS"

"It's completely unrealistic to be able to open a door, but not shut one."

"Just lost a soldier because I couldn't close the ******* door. Fix this!"

"They can't shoot, they can't throw, now they can't close doors. Genius!"

And so on.

And so forth.

I was actually thinking we just assign a random number between 5-10 to each door, if the players clicks it more than that many times... boom.

If clicked more than once, the door might strike up a conversation with the soldier about whether or not his intentions are honest or if he has a going-through-doors phobia... costing him AP in the next turn.

As I mentioned in the other thread, for the big automatic multi-tile doors, it would be nice if open/close actions occurred at end of turn, like with grenades. For smaller doors, just requiring someone to stand in front of them and risk reaction fire from the open action should be enough.

I still have not found a good method of assulting UFOs, in XCOM I would just blow holes in the ship and make my own door then blast anything that moves. I've yet to try that method here, cause I want to keep UFOs intact. Mostly...

You can't in eithewr case. In Xenonauts the UFO hulls are impervious to small guns fire (anything in the battle scape), only aircraft weapons (during the interception minigame) may damage UFOs.

As I mentioned in the other thread, for the big automatic multi-tile doors, it would be nice if open/close actions occurred at end of turn, like with grenades. For smaller doors, just requiring someone to stand in front of them and risk reaction fire from the open action should be enough.

+1 to that. Kinda doesn't make sense that a blast door can open and close in the time it takes a frag grenade to go boom.