Budget Page

Frakel

Id really like a subpage on the Geoscape dedicated to managing your economy.

Id could just be a budget to help the player get a sense of their economic situation:

................................Previous Month: Current Month:

INCOME:

- Funding ............................................(predicted value)

- Missions

- Sales

FIXED EXPENSES:

- Building Upkeep

- Salaries

- Aircraft

- Vehicles

VARIABLE EXPENSES:

- Constructions

- Manufactoring

BALANCE:

FUNDS:

Edited by Frakel

If we're talking about a budget page, I'd honestly like to see the original X-Com's line-graph funding chart again. (That is, where all the nation's funding was tracked over time.) Having a similar (or simultaneous) line graph for expenses-over-time would be great.

It's not strictly necessary, but having the chance to see a full overview of your growth-over-time helps get a better perspective of how the game has gone and is going.

The main thing that bothers me is the way the manufacturing gets budgeted out. When I was just starting, I screwed myself more than once because I didn't understand how it worked, queued up interceptors, and bankrupted myself when that third interceptor hit the end of my money. If that could be added in, how the manufacturing system takes out money over time to do its work, that would be great.

Well, if there's anything that throws me, it's how much more money is spent hiring people than it takes to build the mere labs/workshops in the first place. (Seems a little odd that it costs more to just hire a batch of scientists, much less rookie grunts than it costs to buy a new state-of-the-art jet fighter...)

The new UI improves this, but doesn't have a full-blown "budget" page. Possibly it's something we should add in. I'll think about it.
If you could simply highlight territories (change the border color) where funding is dropping in red and ones where it is going up in green, the same in yellow that would be immensely helpful at least for me.

A list of reasons why the funding is dropping would also be useful. "Suspected Alien infiltration" for a base, "lack of quality UFO destruction" for "shoot down UFOs, thanks!" "Unacceptable level of alien incursion" for too many successful alien missions...you get the idea.

A list of reasons why the funding is dropping would also be useful. "Suspected Alien infiltration" for a base, "lack of quality UFO destruction" for "shoot down UFOs, thanks!" "Unacceptable level of alien incursion" for too many successful alien missions...you get the idea.
Yes, some type of summary would be very useful, particularly if the territory has been infiltrated. At least you'd know that you need to start sweeping the area for enemy bases.