Air combat looks familiar

I haven't played the alpha yet, but based on the screens & video, the current gui reminded me of a turn-based, 2d tactical air combat flash game I played a couple months back: "Steambirds". If I may--

1. Was this already known, and will more of it be seen?

2. I can certainly dig this gameplay if this is the case. On reflection I can see it complementing the whole xcom experience very well.

Here is a link:

http://armorgames.com/play/5426/steambirds

The planes head towards the exact point you select in air combat while in steambirds the click just sets a direction.

If you have clicked to set a precise location then using a mouse drag to set the speed does not make as much sense.

Clicking in the direction of travel then dragging is different as you are not setting a precise destination, just the way you want to fly.

I believe in older versions the planes used to reach the selected point and begin to circle but now I think they reach it then start tracking their target again.

i think the newer version is auto tracking and the planes adjust trajectory based on the selection, if the plane is targeting a UFO then automatically readjust if not they go to the selected way-point and start tracking from there. maybe i am wrong, but that is what i seemed to notice.