Throwing stuff

Is it currently possible to throw every object?

Like in the original that you could throw ammunition from the back to one of the guys in the front.

Or maybe just being able to throw C4, becausing walking to the place, placing it and then running away is kinda risky.

It said nothing about it in the control section of the menu and putting it in your and and right/left clicking doesn't do anything (except arm c4, but you know what i mean)

Being able to throw a buddy a magazine would help with those long hours on missions where nothing seems to happen. Or the endless chinook flights. You're all secured in the transport, but your launcher guy down the far end of the chopper finished his copy of 50 Shades of Grey already. But you've also finished with the latest Horse and Hound and feel like a nap before touchdown. But, dammit, no throwing mechanic, he'll be bored and you'll wake up every time a buffet of turbulence makes your relaxed napping hand drop the damn magazine and everyone sniggers at you. That's two soldiers without their head in it even before the shots start flying.

Poor design, very poor design.

Yes, it wasn't often necessary, but just the fact that you were able to do it was so amazing. I would love if that was possible again. And i know, i know sucky engine, but as far as i am concerned they don't need to really show each possible item in the soldiers hands. Just one standart throw animation, that's it.

• 1 month later...

If someone happens to mod the game to allow it, do remember to alter the code so it doesn't explode the next turn. A friend of mine tried to do this exact thing for another game, I seem to recall it being Fallout Tactics. He threw in elements of grenades' code to facilitate it...the explody part being one he unfortunately forgot to remove.

First thing he tested it on was a single bullet.

Hilarity ensued.

I used to play the first few missions of OG x-com in a ridiculous way. Only had a couple of laser rifles so I would throw guns up and down the line, or if a guy was clearly going to die he'd throw it back to the rest of the squad.

Good times.

Main thing I miss though is suicide bombers - set the timers, run into the middle of em.