How to download Xenonauts without using Desura!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

ok, not sure where to post it, so here it is.

Is there a chance for downloading a beta, if you backed the project at KS? Or am I left with my wait for the physical copy of the full version of the game?

I'd like to give it a try once it is in a stable beta state... but I see no option in the KS page, nor any message on my e-mail with KS updates on how to actually get a beta, aside of the update telling me about the beta...

I've supported it on KS on this tier:

Premium Pre-Order (as $30), plus a phyiscal copy of the game. This will be a standard black DVD case with a colour printed back and front, containing a 20-page manual and a printed DVD copy of Xenonauts. Please add $10 for international shipping.

So far I did not receive information how could I participate in a beta, through none of the e-mails sent to me.

My e-mail address also is not recognized by Dessura as one eligible for a beta download, so I am a bit disappointed here.

In theory I got a premium Pre-Order but so far I cannot use anything

Edited by Phoenix

You could try sending a PM to the only person who can definitely answer the question or start a thread with your issue as the title.

Chris should be able to clear it up for you.

This is an information thread with instructions on how to download the Xenonauts client from Desura without using their program rather than an ongoing discussion so it is likely he is not keeping a close eye on it.

• 2 months later...

I pre-ordered Xenonauts on the goldhawk-homepage. There is no differance beetween humble, desura or steam. So how can I get a working game for Mac, as if I download the game on humble, it wount work due a checksum error. I have a Steam-Key, I have a humble downloadlink, and both do not work for Mac.

According to this you should be able to access the Mac version of v18 through Humble. If you have a checksum error, it's probably worthwhile asking the storefront what's going on, rather than the developer as the storefront and distribution are not under the developers' control.

According to this you should be able to access the Mac version of v18 through Humble. If you have a checksum error, it's probably worthwhile asking the storefront what's going on, rather than the developer as the storefront and distribution are not under the developers' control.

That is why I am asking those people on the planet, who might have the most experience with such a problem: the customers, who are interested in the game and who are depicted in this very forum. As you might have figured out, I have been trying lots of things which did not work. So I keep trying. And, as you might know, the game is preordered on the goldhawk-homepage. So that is and should be the first reference.

So as a matter of facts I will repeat my question, which you maybe missed the 3 threads above:

I pre-ordered Xenonauts on the goldhawk-homepage. There is no differance beetween humble, desura or steam. So how can I get a working game for Mac, as if I download the game on humble, it wount work due a checksum error. I have a Steam-Key, I have a humble downloadlink, and both do not work for Mac.

It turns out the download was corrupted for both Desura and the Humble Store. We're getting it re-uploaded at the moment. Sorry about that - the file works fine at our end so I'm not sure how it got corrupted on both sites...

Sherelian, if I hadn't read your post then I wouldn't have linked you to a post from the developer where the developer states that the Mac version for v18 stable is up on the Humble store and on Desura but they are having difficulties getting it on Steam (as in you post you specifiy you have a Steam key and it doesn't work). Nor would I have suggested going to the distributor, when you specifically asked how to get a working game (when you describe how the Humble version has a checksum error).

It turns out the download was corrupted for both Desura and the Humble Store. We're getting it re-uploaded at the moment. Sorry about that - the file works fine at our end so I'm not sure how it got corrupted on both sites...

Thanks for the check!

I've have been trying the mac-version and was very supprised to see how pixelated everything is. Has somebody an idea why that is so?