How to download Xenonauts without using Desura!

Chris

I made the mistake of buying the premium alpha, which apparently means I can only download the Mac or Linux clients.

Meanwhile, desura itself fails halfway through the download every time.

Apparently I have to buy the non-premium alpha in order to play?!

This is Desura being derpy, I believe. As soon as V16 drops (Any Minute now...), you should be able to download all versions properly from Desura.

I seem to have the same problem with the Premium thingie... no windows version available.

what do you mean? (it's the same versions desura just splits them up because they cost diffrent ammounts... and th badge thingy.)

do you really have the non premium version available (I don't have any windows version available) or does it ask you to buy it?

Well, I see deb, rpm, and dmg versions, so no windows version that I see, but the Premium versions of those all want me to pay 29.99. I imagine if it's mid update, things are wonky, but I'm just curious if I'm not on file as a Premium Preorder with Desura, or if this is normal?

Disappeared for me too (and the regular preorder windows version too). saw them earlier... Think they are in the process of updating to 16.1.

Oh. Ok, that's nice to hear that it's because of the update... I just had little extra free-time and wanted to try the level editor but I guess it's quite impossible without the game. :)

This .RAR file isn't working for me. Can someone please tell me when I will be able to download using Desura (Mirrors error) or have I wasted $20?

In what way is it not working? Doesn't download, doesn't unpack, get an error when unpacking, can't install, can't play, crashes when trying to play?

Have you tried downloading the rar again?

If you keep having problems and can't even fix it with help from Chris it might still be possible that you could get your money back from him.

Although I'd hardly call it wasted money. Eventually you will get the option to select a steam key. you aren't locked to desura just because you preordered.

Edited by Gorlom

In what way is it not working? Doesn't download, doesn't unpack, get an error when unpacking, can't install, can't play, crashes when trying to play?

Have you tried downloading the rar again?

If you keep having problems and can't even fix it with help from Chris it might still be possible that you could get your money back from him.

Although I'd hardly call it wasted money. Eventually you will get the option to select a steam key. you aren't locked to desura just because you preordered.

I get an error when unpacking it. I've downloaded it twice. Desura download is working now.

I get an error when unpacking it. I've downloaded it twice. Desura download is working now.

ugh! I will try to unzip and install later tonight and report back.

I use Windows7 and this is what I downloaded:

1,926.80mb Download Xenonauts Premium Alpha ZIP Windows V16.1.1.rar (V16.1)

wish me luck!

:D

ugh! I will try to unzip and install later tonight and report back.

I use Windows7 and this is what I downloaded:

1,926.80mb Download Xenonauts Premium Alpha ZIP Windows V16.1.1.rar (V16.1)

wish me luck!

:D

To find out if your file wasn't corrupted during download by comparing it's size you need to post you file's size measured in bytes, not megabytes.

But more effective way is to calculate your files MD5 checksum code. Than you can compare your checksum with checksum of the same file from other users or developers or may be it can be found on Desura. If it matches than most possibly your file is not corrupted.

See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5#Applications.

Now my question - is it possible to get early versions of the game without preordering it now? Because, as for now, I can't decide if it would be the game I want to buy. Acctualy beta version or demo are OK for making a decision, but I also would like to search for bugs, I also have found a couple of wrong things in my old version of the game that I have and may be to offer some another help, that my, not so big skills, will allow.

Edited by Xenophob