How to download Xenonauts without using Desura!

Chris

I can't log in to Desura. Not through the client, nor through the website. I use phone tethering for internet, and this is not an unusual problem for me. I already pre-ordered Xenonauts back in the early days, and I was all fixed to pay full price again, but I just can't afford to add internet service fees to my list of recurring expenses. I just can't.

• 1 month later...

Hey i have a question i have been out of the loop for a while so forgive my ignorance.

I used the direct link to get the game, however after loading and when running the game is showing that i have gotten the kickstarter demo :S I thought they were 2 separate builds. I have tried to do a quick search in the forums and found nothing could someone enlighten me.

Thank you.

If you have activated your game with desura (that might require you to install the client, but you can remove it after the game is connected to the account) you will be able to follow the instructions in the first post in this thread to download the zip file.

Desura verifies the client update and the zip file seperately and it takes longer for the zip file.

Edited by Gorlom

• 1 month later...

Well Desura went loopy on me and won't DL the new version so I took the zip file and placed it in the space where the old one was and it starts ok, but has lost my previous games. No biggie that, but as I need to get into Desura to play the game (for all of a minute before it crashes) I take it from a previous post that I am playing a Desura version not a standalone one. My question, however, is what happens with future upgrades and the final, proper game? Can I revert back to my original and preferred method of just going in and playing via Desura and knowing the version I'm to play is the most updated (and I hope stable) one or do I face yet more error messages aplenty and an inability to download the game? Might be more a Desura question that.

i find it amazing that desura even though it is a client keeps on breaking even though i have reported the problem to them.

btw patch 12.11 or whatnot is still there and that msi file is 13 im talking about version numbers here ?. and this is the web version.

if your trying to use the client do you have to download both the msi and the zip file to get the game running in desura so it can verify its files ?

Even with the Desura downloaded version you don't need to use Desura to run it.

Just locate and run the exe file.

Desura seems to struggle with the sheer number of files used in these version of Xenonauts.

I don't think it likes dealing with all of these tiny little images and miniscule text files.

If you aren't using Desura to download the Xenonauts files then just extract everything and run the exe.

Did you try a fresh install of Desura?

I moved it from program files x86 out to its own little folder and it installed Xenonauts perfectly afterwards.

Thanx for sharing.

Looks like that’s what I may have to do, I'm getting tired waiting for the loose files. Hell that’s the reason I peeked interest in purchasing a premium account; is that I can get the loose files without a dependency.

Did you try a fresh install of Desura?

I moved it from program files x86 out to its own little folder and it installed Xenonauts perfectly afterwards.

Have done this about 3 times now, still not working, I'm giving up on this sh*ty platform and direct downloading it.