Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack

Jsleezy

Excellent work. very impressed with how you got the faces different. Does it use an identikit technique like the police use to make up a face?

p.s. i`m sure I saw a famous face in there somewhere (Rodriguez).

p.p.s. I just read a bit further back and you did put her in! Nice technique you use to do it. Dunno why proper game makers haven`t thought of it- It gives very realistic looking faces that are somehwat randomised.

That said I don`t like too many faces that are famous because then it takes me out of the game, I prefer them to be all `strangers`. Maybe a non-celebrity version could be made one day?

Edited by Seafireliv

I'm not trying to be rude, but the faces don't exactly match their outfits and it's kind of giving me an uncanny vibe. I'd have to say it's probably the cartoonyness of their outfits and it's just such a contrast to these very realistic faces; maybe it would be better if you re-did the outfits to match it would look better?

I'm not trying to be rude, but the faces don't exactly match their outfits and it's kind of giving me an uncanny vibe. I'd have to say it's probably the cartoonyness of their outfits and it's just such a contrast to these very realistic faces; maybe it would be better if you re-did the outfits to match it would look better?

I think this is what you're looking for, more realistic armours which you can also use with this, also from Jsleezy

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/6662-Jsleezy-s-Real-Armors

Excellent work. very impressed with how you got the faces different. Does it use an identikit technique like the police use to make up a face?

p.s. i`m sure I saw a famous face in there somewhere (Rodriguez).

p.p.s. I just read a bit further back and you did put her in! Nice technique you use to do it. Dunno why proper game makers haven`t thought of it- It gives very realistic looking faces that are somehwat randomised.

That said I don`t like too many faces that are famous because then it takes me out of the game, I prefer them to be all `strangers`. Maybe a non-celebrity version could be made one day?

Thanks! It was a lot of work as they are all done manually. There are only about 3 celebrity faces and they are female (requests from buddies).

Also, thanks for the help Khall. Sometimes I can't get to all the posts on time.

• 1 month later...

Hey Sleezy, firstly, Congratulations on the new addition to the family!! :)

I'm finally getting around to applying your faces and I just wanted to clarify that I understood your reply correctly. Just copy the images (faces, armors, hands) and then add the lines to my already modified soldiernames male and female xmls? I don't need to tweak the gameconfig.xml as well since I'm just using the art assets and the modified soldiernames files?

Thanks again for the info and the Seriously Awesome mod, and again Congrats on the Baby :)

Edit: Also, not sure if it matters, but in the in game backer options where it asks about backer faces I typed in Yes. Not even sure if that's it to tell them to use them all or if you're a backer and have a specific face you'd need to type in a name or something specific. Will it effect the face modding and usage or should I type in No instead of Yes or is Yes not even what I need to type there? LoL

Edited by RavenX
added question

Thanks!

Yes you are correct. You don't need to tweak gameconfig.

Are you talking about the option to force a backer portrait? I think you put in numbers separated by commas. Each number from 1-100 corresponds to a backer, but there is only a small number of portraits that you can force.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old post but i've just installed this mod and copied over all the old portraits and copied in the names files but half of the portraits are still the old cartoon version. Is this something to do with the kickstarter portraits? How can I get rid of the old cartoon ones?