Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack

Jsleezy

Jesus this seems really a great work. It seems you took good care to "blend" them as much as possible to the rest of the game's art. And I don't think it was an easy task, considering the realistic starting look. Definitely using this for my first game, tbh I'm a bit surprised the original game is offering so little.

Jesus this seems really a great work. It seems you took good care to "blend" them as much as possible to the rest of the game's art. And I don't think it was an easy task, considering the realistic starting look. Definitely using this for my first game, tbh I'm a bit surprised the original game is offering so little.

Thanks it took a lot of time and effort. As of right now there are 146 total portraits (I have to create like 6 more that just go added). To give you a scope of how long it took...there are 114 male portraits which took me between 30 minutes to 60 minutes each. There are 32 female portraits that took me between 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours each.

If I was charging at a freelance rate I'd be a few thousand dollars richer, but I had a lot of fun doing them for free (for the most part) so I can't complain. I'm very proud of how they came out.

Hi Jsleezy, I've just installed your mods to see how it feels in the game. At first glance it looks ok. But something is wrong with 2 soldiers I have in my team.

slnxu8.jpg

Her hands color doesn't join with her other skin color. Is this fixable by you?

308fmtf.jpg

I know someone might not like everything but I think that her face just doesn't go well together with that helmet. Now I will not tell you to change it, but if you also think something is not right here then I will look forward to some changes.

Silencer, thanks for supporting this mod.

The first issue is pretty easy to correct by adding gloves to the hands. I can send you the file you need and will make sure the edit gets made and uploaded once the game comes out. Message me your email and I'll send the file your way.

For the second issue there is not much I can do. There are a few faces that will look a little off in certain armors and this is one of them.

By your class icon it seems like you're running an old build. In the vanilla game there were some portraits that were being skipped and it would show something like that. I can't be entirely sure what is causing it although its looking for an image that doesn't exist.

I had a similar issue several builds back, but it was because certain pregenerated soldiers were not linked correctly. Perhaps it's something similar?

Is there a way for you to find out what portrait number it is?

308fmtf.jpg

I know someone might not like everything but I think that her face just doesn't go well together with that helmet. Now I will not tell you to change it, but if you also think something is not right here then I will look forward to some changes.

Kind of looks like that particular face is turned too much straight towards the camera. That it isn't positioned the same way the others are.

• 2 months later...
Can i use the included XML files with the new V21 stable version, I've noticed a pretty big size difference and don't want to mess up my game

The XML files won't work, but you can still replace the portraits. The XML files seem to change with every release which is why I'm waiting for the game to be released before I do all the final adjustments to this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
any idea if this works for v21 stable? if not any idea when you might update it? the mod looks really good but I love v21 too much to go back to v20.

Hi, the mod will still work, just don't install the XML files and just replace the portraits. I will probably not update the files until the game comes out since they seem to change with every build.

• 1 month later...

I have uploaded a fix for V22 Experimental branch. The fix, just like all the other fixes, frees the soldier pool.

Please note, that there are still around 20 new portraits that I'm missing. I plan to create the new portraits soon.

Edited by Jsleezy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jsleezy I absolutely don't want to push you, but I love your mod and would like to use it in my first playthrough at release...is there any problem using it without the last 20?

Release should be in two weeks if I'm not wrong, also they are doing this if you're interested: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9992-Calling-all-Modders-Producing-A-List-of-Active-Mods

bye ;)

Hi Jsleezy I absolutely don't want to push you, but I love your mod and would like to use it in my first playthrough at release...is there any problem using it without the last 20?

Release should be in two weeks if I'm not wrong, also they are doing this if you're interested: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9992-Calling-all-Modders-Producing-A-List-of-Active-Mods

bye ;)

You might want to wait for Jsleezy to confirm this. But, yes. You can use the mod with the current build. The only drawback is (and that is the part that needs confirming as I am unsure) that you will have a minor chance of getting a character with one of the old faces. But the chance of that happening is really low (and you can always kill him off :rolleyes:..oh sorry I ment make him scout for you ..open the doors...stuff like that ... I didn't mean to kill no xenonaut ).

You cannot, however, copy the gameconfig.xml file as that will mess up your game. Instead go into your game config file, find the line:

<femaleSoldierChance value="40" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

and change it to

<femaleSoldierChance value="20" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

and BTW Thanks for the mod Jsleezy! Really Great Work.