MY SAVED GAMES DISAPPEARED!? (fix in here)

So you were in the process of playing a game of Xenonauts on Steam, but have just loaded it up to discover all your saved games have vanished? This has happened because we just released a major new version of the game, which unfortunately is not compatible with saves made with older versions of the game due to the large number of changes it introduces and so will not display older save files for loading (the files are still there though!).

I anticipated this might be a problem for some people, and so I have created a new "legacy" branch of the game on Steam which you can opt-in to in order that you may continue playing older saved games from the main branch. Once you are finished with that particular game you can opt-out of the legacy branch to get the newest update and start playing on that (and I really recommend you do, as we've made a huge number of improvements since the first Steam build).

How to opt-in to the legacy branch:

Open your Steam library, right click on Xenonauts and click on properties. Click the Betas tab in the properties window that appears and use the drop down box on that same page to select "Legacy - Old build for pre-V19 saved games" and then click Close. Steam will then download the files you need to keep playing the legacy build, and you should be able to load up your old saved games as normal and continue playing.

When you want to opt-out of the legacy build and get the latest stable version, then repeat the above but choose the "None" branch from the drop down box.

• 3 months later...

Open your Steam library, right click on Xenonauts and click on properties. Click the Betas tab in the properties window that appears and use the drop down box on that same page to select "Legacy - Old build for pre-V19 saved games" and then click Close. Steam will then download the files you need to keep playing the legacy build, and you should be able to load up your old saved games as normal and continue playing.

When you want to opt-out of the legacy build and get the latest stable version, then repeat the above but choose the "None" branch from the drop down box.

I have tried to use this method to get back to v19, in order to play my saved games, but there is nothing like that in drop down box in Betas. Pehnaps I am missing something.. but I will appreciate if you would be abel to help

• 5 months later...

The drop down box is locked on 'None opt out of beta programs', the arrow does nothing there is no legacy option

*nvm fixed, had to opt in to beta in my account settings

Edited by Krend

• 9 months later...