v19 stable candidate 2 - first few missions

On the 6th of the first month, I had three consecutive missions. I was being careful with the ammo towards the end of the second, knowing the Chinook would be making another stop before returning home.

Boosts to shotguns and sniper rifles seem to be making a difference in this build. I even took out an alien with 0% chance from a pistol shot. :)

I do think that the aliens are a little easy at present. Certainly compared to earlier builds. I miss the tougher Sebillian in particular. Perhaps light scouts, with fewer and tougher of those, to differentiate them more form the Ceasians? Just a thought.

Plays very well so far, and it continues to improve each release.

The game has definitely gotten a lot better. I hadn't played since June, and I'm really liking the improved AI and the increased numbers of aliens. Seeing 3-4 at once makes the game a lot more fun.

As an aside, though, I end up playing the beginning of the game a LOT especially when the new builds come out frequently. Is there anyway I can edit an .xml or something to make some changes to the game start? I mean, I pretty much always build a med lab, living quarters, and a hangar, hire some soldiers/scientists, change the default loadout for all the roles I use, and reorganize everyone's position in the chinook. It gets annoying doing it every time.

As an aside, though, I end up playing the beginning of the game a LOT especially when the new builds come out frequently.
I'm a little worried about this actually. We've all done a ton of testing and balancing on the start of the game, endless debate about the Hunter and ballistic weapons, but there is very little discussion about anything that happens after the laser weapon era. I rarely get much further than that before the next build comes out. I hope we don't end up with a game that starts great and ends crappy.

I'm a little worried about this actually. We've all done a ton of testing and balancing on the start of the game, endless debate about the Hunter and ballistic weapons, but there is very little discussion about anything that happens after the laser weapon era. I rarely get much further than that before the next build comes out.

I'd wager that once the vast majority of engine kinks are worked out and the early-game balance has been hammered to a fine point, future beta revisions will start coming with prepackaged mid or late game saves just to get people testing those specific areas of content immediately.

Guys, just turn off autoupdate for this game in steam, at least i do. so i can get far enough in my gameplays. And when i fid some intersting updates and feel like im ready to start over i turn it back on.

Disabling autoupdate doesn't stop updates to the experimental branch if you've opted into it.

There's a laser era? Lol.. well I think I was just about to start researching something that would lead me to laser weapons... had 3 bases on the go loaded up with fighters which had just started turning around the funding war.. some pretty skilled up surviving soldiers.... but then SC3 comes along :)

Back to the fresh meat! :)