19 Stable 1 - First Mission

Well, in a normal level mission against a light scout, I came back with three critically wounded, and one soldier very lucky to be alive. Very lucky indeed as he practically tripped on one of them at the end of a turn.

Caesians use the defensive cover well.

All of the live ones were out of the ship

They attacked in numbers

They were in sneakier positions (farm map)

They supported each others fire

I'm glad 3 of the 7 died in the crash.

I'm glad that sniper rifles have been buffed a little in damage. That probably saved a life or two.

I was a little more aggressive than usual, but not terribly, so a pleasant (and yet unpleasant at the same time :)) surprise.

I may have to invest in some armour in this build.

how dare you Sir! I can have you shot for that. In fact, I'll do it myself!

>bang<

Stop moving!

>bang<

clearly you're too far away.

>bang<

or it's this gun.

>bang<

are these rounds live?

>bang<

You may have a point StellarRat. Now begone before I miss you with more shots!

There. I think he learned his lesson. Now on to mission planning. Over the top, walk in a straight line slowly towards the enemy machine guns... just the ticket.

how dare you Sir! I can have you shot for that. In fact, I'll do it myself!

>bang<

Stop moving!

>bang<

clearly you're too far away.

>bang<

or it's this gun.

>bang<

are these rounds live?

>bang<

You may have a point StellarRat. Now begone before I miss you with more shots!

There. I think he learned his lesson. Now on to mission planning. Over the top, walk in a straight line slowly towards the enemy machine guns... just the ticket.

StellarRat: "Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system."

thothkins: "Shut up!"

StellarRat: "Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!"

thothkins: "Bloody peasant!"

StellarRat: "Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it didn't you?"

Edited by StellarRat

I'll have you know I'm the Xenonaut Commander because the lady of the lake raised aloft Excalibur in a signal of divine providence. I can't smite anything with it and all the knights were mown down in the first slow walk against machine gun fire, but that's all beside the point.

I'll have you know I'm the Xenonaut Commander because the lady of the lake raised aloft Excalibur in a signal of divine providence. I can't smite anything with it and all the knights were mown down in the first slow walk against machine gun fire, but that's all beside the point.

StellarRat: "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of command! Supreme command authority derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcicial aquatic ceremony!"

thothokins: "Be quiet!"

StellarRat: "Oh but you can't expect to wield Supreme command authority just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

thothokins: "SHUT UP!"

StellarRat: "Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Commander, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"