Initial Impressions

First of all, let me say how much I love the game. You've done an amazing job of modernizing the classic, and keeping a similar feel to the game... something many have tried before, and not come close. My comments below are not complaints, just things I noticed that either seemed odd, or didn't work as intended. I mention them only in the hopes of improving the final product.

In no particular order:

Lights - Night missions are notoriosly more difficult than day time missions, but without any form of lights to throw around, the aliens have a much greater advantage, as they seem to be unhindered in the dark. In fact, from my experiences so far, they seem to be MORE accurate in the darkness... but this could just be bad luck for the soldiers under my command.

Ship Lights - The drop ship should have low level lights. After my troops leave the craft, it is very unnerving to forget where your ship is located, in case things go horribly wrong and you need to run. Having low level lights would give you an anchor for exploring in the darkness.

Explored Areas - Again in darkness, it would be great if you could get a grey silloutte outline of areas you have explored, that you can no longer view. It makes sense that you cannot see it so see the aliens, but the buildings and bushes are not going to move when out of sight. If this doesn't make sense, ask me and I'll try to explain better.

Menu Selection - The selection of anything on a menu is very tight, and I find myself constantly fighting with the interface to select what I want.

Automatic Research - It's very odd to automatically perform autopsies when all of my scientists are busy researching something else.

Manufacturing Expenses - I found myself strapped for cash, and thought to churn out some armor to sell... since I am making the product, there should be profit in selling the finished item... but in fact, I can only sell for half of the production cost right now. I think they need to negotiate a better deal. As it stands, it makes no sense that it is cheaper for my engineers to sit around doing nothing, paid, rather than produce extra items for sale if they have free time.

Moving Behind Objects - When initially moving behind buildings, or objects, you currently have to click blindly. Once your trooper is behind the object, the object fades so you can see what you are doing. It would be helpful if the object faded while planning a route there, so you can see what you are doing.

Staircases & Elevation Change - Elevation changes seems a little confusing, mainly inside a UFO. It isn't clear where there are walls, or open space... aliens shoot at you from outside the ship when you are inside... etc. With stair cases in buildings, troopers climb up without a problem by changing elevation level. But when they come down, it's possible to walk through the stairs rather than around them.

Medi-Kits - This is very confusing. The cost in TU is not accurate, and the TUs actually spent match the HP healed. There is no information on how many bleed icons are present on a trooper, nor is there feedback to say you healed one of them. I was using a first aid kit on a seriously wounded soldier and the first three times I used it, I cleared a wound and did not heal at all. The only information I was presented with was that I was spending TUs and the trooper was not getting healed.

That's it for now. Keep up the amazing work guys. I'm completely addicted, and thank you for that :)

-Arabin