Mistakes in the wiki.

It is a good idea to have a wiki, I particularly like the pictures of the aliens, because I have a very hard time remembering which is which and their names and capabilities.

But there are some serious mistakes.

1) Many of the Xenonaut weapons have the wrong range. For example the laser rifle indicates 20, despite the wiki saying that it has a longer range than the ballistic, which shows a much longer range. Maybe one is in meters and the other in squares?

2) The wiki air tactics against fighters is flawed.It says to fire two missiles in quick succession will down a fighter or a scout "as long as both missiles hit" , but the fighter will ALWAYS dodge the first mission (unless it is a Corvette that will not be downed by two Condor missiles), making this impossible.

3)The wiki implies that a single Condor can take on two fighters, but in fact that is certain suicide, since the fighters are faster than the Condor, and the Condor does not have enough missiles to down 2 fighters.

The wiki is probably going to be removed if I'm honest. It never really took off and getting it filled up is going to be a looot of effort I'd rather spend on writing a manual or something.
Well, if you get rid of the Wiki can we at least the the formulas for accuracy and other vital game calcs etc... in the documentation somewhere like an appendix? Those will be very handy and basically vital for modders to understand what they're doing.

The wiki is probably going to be removed if I'm honest. It never really took off and getting it filled up is going to be a looot of effort I'd rather spend on writing a manual or something.

I would recommend instead of elimination postponement. Disable it for now then once the game is out of beta and considered released then open it back up with the various final formulas for accuracy/etc. Trying to maintain it right now I think is a waste of your resources but down the road when the values aren't quite so dramatic it may not be.

I would recommend instead of elimination postponement. Disable it for now then once the game is out of beta and considered released then open it back up with the various final formulas for accuracy/etc. Trying to maintain it right now I think is a waste of your resources but down the road when the values aren't quite so dramatic it may not be.
That was my other thought.

I'd have enjoyed adding content to the wiki as things went on, but couldn't even log into the thing to change. If that's fixed, or if it's removed and replaced with a clean slate (some warning in case there's still useful nuggets on it, then it could still be useful.
Without a copy of the current game code you wouldn't be able to accurately document the formula either.

It's also nearly impossible to update some of the Wiki without access to the source code (like I said earlier.) Trying to derive the formulas for damage, firing, etc... through sheer repetition and graphing would be horrible and potentially inaccurate. So, Goldhawk pretty much has to provide some of the information for the Wiki. That doesn't mean the fans couldn't provide a lot of known info about other things though.