What's yet to come?

Canuck

I was just going through the progress update thread and saw where Chris talked about what had been added so far. What I'm wondering is, what still needs to be done before the game is ready to release? I haven't played much of the alpha (beta?) but when I start it up what I see is a game that pretty much looks complete. I'm not an X-COM expert so I wouldn't notice the missing details. The only thing I notice is that I'm playing on the same map every time. So what else needs to get done?

Putting all the maps, aliens and UFOs in the game and adding the rest of the research tree accounts for a lot of it, but I'm working on a milestone list that I might post up on the wiki in the future. There's quite a lot left to be done, AI being another major thing that springs to mind.

Putting all the maps, aliens and UFOs in the game and adding the rest of the research tree accounts for a lot of it, but I'm working on a milestone list that I might post up on the wiki in the future. There's quite a lot left to be done, AI being another major thing that springs to mind.

Would you say the Firaxis news has encouraged you to push harder towards a beta? Just curious, and asking in the nicest possible way :)

Just came to say that i belive in Xenonauts more than in Firaxis XCOM: EU. And this not only because Civ V is a total disaster (as a sequel), but also that you guys are indies and do things according to your own view of things and free to make whatever choices you like.

Keep up the good work! And release the beta ASAP :)

while i like the new mass effect graphics on the Firaxis game , they gone ahead and " streamlined" things. Removing AP etc . How many TB type games have you seen that has been improved by streamlining? The Afterlight series was ok but not the cult classic of XCOM . Even titles with solid backing ie Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age became worst as the devs streamlined the game .