Deployable Turrets

Was thinking that it would be really neat if you could have a turret you could deploy in missions, it would take up the entire backpack space.

Say, if you wanted to lock down a hallway, you could set it up. Have it have a combat shield facing, and a rifle with a large magazine.

Yeah, I wanted it to be costly to set up, but be able to lock down a hallway, say, in an Alien base. I think that would be cool. But I don't know if there is any mechanic in the game that covers deploying assets into the battlefield.

Alien deployed turrets would be cool, too!

Perhaps if its not a deployable turret, we could have something similar to this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2498[/ATTACH]

You could equip Either Rifles or Heavy guns on it

About 100-120HP with about 10-15 Front plating

It could have something like let´s say 80-100 reflexes

When you move, you suffer an accuracy penalty

im think if added it would replace the vehicles since its almost the same as the HWP o SHIV(make me wonder why do we have vehicles wouldnt Unmanned ground vehicles be better and more secure?). so im think the Automated deployed turret would be better

Vehicles and these would have very different roles. I'm not sure how viable it is to take a vehicle into an alien base, for example.

I really like the idea of a deployable weapon system. But a lot of the logic would have to be put into it. Kind of only at the cool idea stage. The SHIV was XCOM's answer to the tanks in the previous games. I only used it a few times, then ditched it for another soldier instead.