Base Design

Do you want to discuss if its bad or good or?

Hmm seems the image text does confirm that there is only one base? (aside from scattered hangars and radars...)

Here I thought the side wiev was a wierd design choise. I'm going to be perplexed by alot of Firaxis choises i think.

It looks interesting but makes no real improvements over the old design for me.

Wonder how it would work in a base assault as well?

It doesn't give an idea of where the facilities lie in relation to others unless they really are built in lines on top of each other.

A 3D base would have made more sense but would definitely have brought more problems.

Not really fond of the bat-cave approach. I didn't think about base assaults, but I have to agree this design would not be as easily and naturally converted to a tactical level map. Speaking of base design in Xenonauts, how will base assaults work? The starting base has hangars all over. Pointlessly spending money to redesign the base to something actually defensible is not something I was looking forward to.

Why must there be so many threads for this game?

Speaking of base design in Xenonauts, how will base assaults work? The starting base has hangars all over. Pointlessly spending money to redesign the base to something actually defensible is not something I was looking forward to.

It was mentioned that players might be able to choose between a predetermined setup (a good one) or being able to set the initial buildings for free. None of this was confirmed, mostly just speculative, but the general plan is to not have to put up with a nonsensical starting base.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]321[/ATTACH]

I had a wee poke around and had a guess at what some of the buildings in the base possibly could be. I didn't get half of them, and most of those I probably got wrong too. Thoughts?

- The room you have designated controll room looks lika a loading/unloading garage to me. the big grey sqare seeems like a massive industrial roll up door. Also it seems very empty of command consoles.

-Cant identify what the room you have designated as alien containment to be, (maybe a medbay?... yeah gonna go with medical bay.) but "Kanes speeach room" looks like a containment room inspired by independance day's area 51. (the dead aliens vault)

-Can't spot the piano in your pianoroom but there dos seem to me to be a bar and a pool table so id guess its a recreational room.

-The four rooms stacked ontop of each other? hmmm the squadsize is 4. living quarters? does the soldiers get individual rooms but the scientists and engineers doesnt get any? odd.

One base? That's...odd. That got criticised pretty badly in UFO:ET.

Not sure about how good this is. Base assault is a concern (but it'd probably only be defending the upper level/maybe the surface), but mostly its kind of hard to see anything.

The graphics do look nice but I think the layout is weird. If you're going to do a 3D base a cube structure would make more sense than a flat horizontal (like EU, TFTD, etc) or a flat vertical layout (the new X-Com). A good hybrid solution would be to use, and expand upon, an existing cavern complex.