WATBE 1.1, The Sadomasochist editon! Now with 100% more "Doesn't crash on GC."

WalrusJones

okidoki cant wait to have my squad runnig around with the scar rifle.

http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ubbthreads.php/forums/30/1/v1_13_Weapon_Item_Refinement.html

here you find some pics off weapons used in a game called jagged alliance 2 maybe you can find a decent picture off a FAL.

regards,

jupilerke

Edited by jupilerke1967

They will exist side by side. Jupilerke, The issue the future weapons have is that I need to use a different method of writing out their stats, and more importantly, the unsightly errors that will come from their addition into the game prematurely. (Bullets that follow missiles rules for travel, most unfortunately. They wont explode for the most part, they will just be.... Mechanically different from standard ballistic weapons.)

I even have a tier two set of lasers in conceptual stages (Specialized lasers in the place of ammo types, which clearly wouldn't work for lasers,) and potentially something special for plasma.

I plan for combined arms of energy, and kinetic weapons to play a MAJOR part in the late game tactical game, with a few oddball weapons to mix up the rest. (Namely, I am considering adapting weapons from the house of oddities.)

An additional thing I am going to do is rework the strings, which isn't hard, but instead a very quick way of fatiguing myself in notepad.

- Namely, The weapon description strings will have the weapon stats removed from them, due to a small degree of redundancy, and the fact that they are totally inaccurate in the vanilla game (They are just a pain in the *** to adjust)

I am getting to the point where I am running into feature induced limitations.

This is something we can only really petition the devs over, and cross our fingers for.

So, For the most part, a lot of the soon and now updates will be the mod branching out into air combat, overarching balance changes similar to the ones made in the little mod, if heavily different, and the acquisition of interesting components from many promising legitimately small mods.

- The Revamp of armor, Health, Lasers plasma and T4 weapons will be a big part of this.

This is due to the fact that a lot of my plans will either see a reduction in quality due to workarounds necessary being imperfect, however, I will try to add new content despite this.

- Working with my limitations does offer its own benefits. I will be forced to think of things I otherwise wouldn't because of them.

Its mostly waiting for dev features, given we have no source code.

However, I am not going to stop making stuff... I just have to make stuff that I didn't plan.

Sorry about panicking,

It was a little out of character.

The issue with getting other people on the official WATBE Code team is that it is fairly difficult to keep consistent releases flowing between the team.

Hence, why I have a policy of being open to potentially adopting high quality fan made things.

Got some things I noticed, The Soviet shotgun Image has not been fixed, and the Soviet battle rifle when put in the belt Does not count as ammo for the quick reload. 2Kg for the hunter shotgun ammo ouch...

On a side not, Your still alive, with the two handed sword in Jackal armor. You Refuse to die

The Sov-shot bug is a still standing issue, I am going to experiment with giving it different animations, to see if I can find one that works for it, since it has most temperamentally refused virtually every animation I have thrown at it.

As for SBR, I suppose I need to look into that, it actually makes a little sense due to its clip-using nature, but I will fix it when I find the cause.

As for the Dual barrel shotgun, I should probably just give it a new ammo type...

The Sov-shot bug is a still standing issue, I am going to experiment with giving it different animations, to see if I can find one that works for it, since it has most temperamentally refused virtually every animation I have thrown at it.

As for SBR, I suppose I need to look into that, it actually makes a little sense due to its clip-using nature, but I will fix it when I find the cause.

As for the Dual barrel shotgun, I should probably just give it a new ammo type...

Walrus i have seen in the image of civilian weapon the flamethrower, there is?

As in, the gif actually does have "IT is a lie" engraved in the flamethrower.

You may have noticed that I am progressively adding more imagery of flamethrowers to the mod.

As a disclaimer: It isn't a civilian weapon, but I originally put the flamethrower there for a placeholder regarding a single joke weapon that will be the last thing I add to the mod if I make it that far. (Basically, one that would go so far as to need new soldier specter images to look remotely like one would expect it to.)

I left it in the image, and will continue to tease the flamethrower whenever I get the opportunity, due to the fact that I am unable to add it currently, I also derive some enjoyment from the confusion it causes. :o

So do know that that is a factor in my personality, and take many teasers with a gran of salt in the future.