[V8.6 Ground Combat] Multiple GC load bugs.

After loading a ground combat I had to leave;

-All my soldiers were called Jack Longname in the UI. (Happens every load afaik)

-If I opened the inventory while standing over an alien, the inventory ui didn't reflect this. But the soldier list in the inventory had the correct names for my squad. Almost like the soldier in combat and the one in the inventory screen were different entities. Numbers on the ap and weight bars are scrambled and the bars are gone as well as unit 1 being injured. (Not in combat GUI tho)

-Only one or two of them reacted to setting snap reserve on.

-The tank didn't make any sounds when moving, but that was already listed.

-After killing six aliens, I think, I was standing in the UFO and ended the turn. The screen went black and I CTD'd.

Edit: Reloaded for more info. Only nr 8 and the tank reacts to snap reserve.

Also, screenies.

screen02.jpg

screen011.jpg

Edit:

Reloading the auto save of the mission seems ok. Only the snap reserve and vehicle sound is bugged now afaik. Though the game said that the crash site escaped into space.

However after finishing Alenum research after the mission I put my scientists on new research, then clicked the Personnel tab, causing a CTD. (And I hadn't saved after the mission >.<)

Also had that double rpg weight after the mission issue, but re-equipping it solved it.

Edit:

Tried reloading the mission again a couple of times, and now I get the same bugs. >.<

New Game!

screen02.jpg

screen011.jpg

screen02.thumb.jpg.a504bf982b0516d05c87b

screen011.jpg.f91808d122919eb154968efa4c

Edited by IceVamp

I had a similar thing to your second screenshot happen when I loaded a save.

All my soldiers with 2 handed weapons lost the weapon from their primary slot but still had it in their secondary, my single guy with a pistol had his pistol in the primary slot where it was supposed to be.

I carried out the mission using the weapons in secondary slot, when I next went on a mission everything came up in the correct slots.

There was another already reported bug which had one soldier occasionally lose his primary slot weapon but all you had to do was re-equip it in the inventory, that didn't work with this bug.

The double weight thing is a known bug and it affects all weapons not just the rpg so you should check none of your guys are over their weight limit after you do a mission because of this.

The double weight thing is a known bug and it affects all weapons not just the rpg so you should check none of your guys are over their weight limit after you do a mission because of this.

Oh, thanks. I'll make sure after I replay the missian, again. :P

Didn't see your thread before, but i had the same bugs (see also http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?669-V8.6-Ground-Combat-Loading-Ground-Combat-From-Save ).

As i mentioned there, the inventory really seems to be unconnected from the ground combat.

The problem with the 2 handed weapons that are only in the secondary slot is not specific to loading a ground combat. I had this problem some times before and i could not find out yet, which soldiers have this problem (it is different every mission ... perhaps it has something to do with assigning new soldiers to a mission or doing several missions with the same soldiers). Normally you can fix it by moving the weapon to the primary slot, but that doesn't work, while inventory and ground combat are unconnected.

I think this 2 handed weapons problem also causes the problem with the snap reserve. Snap reserve always looks at the primary slot as far as i know and if there is no weapon in this slot, the soldiers do not reserve any time units. You could look if soldier nr. 8 is the only one who has the weapon equipped in the primary slot.

Didn't see your thread before, but i had the same bugs (see also http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?669-V8.6-Ground-Combat-Loading-Ground-Combat-From-Save ).

I think this 2 handed weapons problem also causes the problem with the snap reserve. Snap reserve always looks at the primary slot as far as i know and if there is no weapon in this slot, the soldiers do not reserve any time units. You could look if soldier nr. 8 is the only one who has the weapon equipped in the primary slot.

Interesting theory, I will test this.

btw, you could try loading the autosave for your combat. I was able to complete the mission then as stated above. Even though the geoscape told me the crash site escaped to space. :P

Edited by IceVamp

Greetings from Finland!

New to this forum and thought to confirm these after update:

I'm having same bugs in V8.61. (just updated)

One of my soldier died and i tried to reload from autosave = CTD (nothing new, happens all the time)

After restarting the game and successfully reloaded from autosave, i had no tank sound, my soldiers were longnames, blank inventory and also my night mission had changed to day mission.

Edited by Kipster
Typo

I have found the same problems you reported, except the tank sound that I did not check.

I can add that when finishing a ground mission with some of these problems, Xenonauts often CTD when loading the mission debriefing screen or when returning to geoscape. I have not yet identified a specific pattern to consistently reproduce the CTD.