V19 Experimental Build 5 available!

I'm not sure if this was added already but will players ever get rewards for taking down alien fighters? Reducing the number of them spawning certainly makes it more bearable. And even a randomly determined number of alloys would be sweet.

And can UFOs be destroyed outright in air combat? I guess I've just never applied enough destructive force to one.

And can UFOs be destroyed outright in air combat? I guess I've just never applied enough destructive force to one.

Yup, a UFO can certainly be destroyed in the air with a more powerful interceptor and missiles further into the game.

i hope in 19 stable immortal xenonauts aircaft should be mortal at insane difficulty

Despite the fact that I generally uphold the mortal fighters, I do not think that this solution will work. Let me explain. Insane difficulty implies iron man mode, which means that every encounter with a new set of UFOs will be unpredictable. Unpredictable encounters in 50% lead to fighter crash (there is no effective way to withdraw battlefield). Unrecoverable crashes lead to intolerable money loss, and then, to downspiralling of entire game to fail. Thus, insane mode with mortal aircrafts will be for geniuses (who can predict any UFO strength), fanatics (who have the time to restart game dozen of times), or people who already know the game inside and out.

Despite the fact that I generally uphold the mortal fighters, I do not think that this solution will work. Let me explain. Insane difficulty implies iron man mode, which means that every encounter with a new set of UFOs will be unpredictable. Unpredictable encounters in 50% lead to fighter crash (there is no effective way to withdraw battlefield). Unrecoverable crashes lead to intolerable money loss, and then, to downspiralling of entire game to fail. Thus, insane mode with mortal aircrafts will be for geniuses (who can predict any UFO strength), fanatics (who have the time to restart game dozen of times), or people who already know the game inside and out.

insane difficulty always chalenge to gamer. if you afraid that - dont play in this difficulty

insane difficulty always chalenge to gamer. if you afraid that - dont play in this difficulty

So bombastic ;) There is a difference between difficulty that makes player to think and difficulty that makes player to restart and restart again. These concepts can be similar in games divided to short-term episodes. But in solid game as Xenonauts they are not.

Edited by Went

i tried this experimental build and found something amiss right at the first ufo mission - the chance to hit has gone down SEVERELY!

when i had in earlier builds a chance of 40% (which isnt good but enough) with an AR on single shot - i now have a freaking useless 1%...

even sniper rifles have been reduced to garbage since they improve the chance at the same range to merely 3%...

i dont really know what you guys are thinking - but geting close enough to actually have a chance to kill something with these chances is outright impossible.

i suggest rethinking that issue.

i tried this experimental build and found something amiss right at the first ufo mission - the chance to hit has gone down SEVERELY!

when i had in earlier builds a chance of 40% (which isnt good but enough) with an AR on single shot - i now have a freaking useless 1%...

even sniper rifles have been reduced to garbage since they improve the chance at the same range to merely 3%...

i dont really know what you guys are thinking - but geting close enough to actually have a chance to kill something with these chances is outright impossible.

i suggest rethinking that issue.

There are bugs in the to hit calculations for the experimental build. It won't stay that way. Wait for the next Stable beta.

oh good. thx.

i think i saw some mentioning about changes in the chance to hit calculations - allthough i dont really remember the details. i must have been mistaken then.

whatever.

i cant wait for the bugs to be straightened out - the game is quite promising.

in one of my earlier trys i had researched the alien plasma stuff to the point where some research entry said that it can be modified to be used by humans. i was wondering why the stuff didnt appear in the soldier equip screen. any suggestions on that? did i miss something?