Any chance of implementing camo armor in this game?

Dogar

I'm thinking in terms of graphics rather than gameplay. I think it'd be kinda cool if the colors (and maybe textures) of the Xenonaut's outfit changed from region to region depending on the color scheme of the environment. I know it's a pretty minor thing, but it'd seem kinda odd to me if the Xenonauts went to desert and tundra environs dressed in the same blue SWAT getup that they wear in the cities. It could add a nice realistic touch, and the concept, imo, would go hand in hand with the whole modern feel to the art design. Just a thought!

Edited by Dogar

While its a nice idea its alot of work. As I understand it its thousands of sprites for each armor set (someone not officially on the project mentioned that he was recolouring the sleeves on the weapon models' sprites, it took him far to long to make a minor change and he figured it wasnt worth it long before he managed it for all the weapons. and he hadn't even started on the character sprites which are bigger and more numerous)

I find it doubtful this will be done by Chris. Possibly some energic modder with lots and lots and lots of sparetime can make it after the realease.

PS. I guess it would be easier for a modder doing that if Chris had a tag on each maptype that allowes for the hooks in a mod to react to the map and change to apropriet armor type. The ground work could be done by Chris (assuming its not too much of a hassle) but the additional sprites would have to be done by the community DS.

Edited by Gorlom

That's not a certainty at all. JA2 had camo, and I never had any trouble finding my soldiers. It depends how it's implemented.

But yeah, I guess Gorlom's anecdote about the colored sleeves kinda kiboshes the whole idea for me. Pity. :(